RAK811 - Firmware v3 - Baud rate change

Hi @shayagmon,

This is very strange, I was playing with a RAK811 yesterday and at+join seemed to work fine. Can you try to enter the authentication parameters and perform a hardware reset after, it should star the join procedure automatically.

Regards
Vladislav

Thank you Vladislav for addressing this.
Did as you suggested.
Reply to ‘at+send’ is “parameter not found”.
After HW reset getting following, copy-pasted below.
I am guessing the “parameter not found” in last line is because of the at+join command not being accepted.
Note that I might have wrong authentication parameters. They are still not verified and I have not been able to connect yet to private lora network (not ttn).
" Selected LoRaWAN 1.0.2 Region: US915
Initialization OK,AT Uart work mode:normal mode, Current work_mode:LoRaWAN, join_mode:OTAA, Class: A
Parameter not found. "

Hi @shayagmon,

Reply to ‘at+send’ is “parameter not found”. I think you misunderstand the concept.

You need to configure the device to connect first, you can’t be sending data frames before this is done.

Parameter not found. "

This simply means that when the device tries to initiate the OTAA procedure, there aren’t valid:
dev_eui (Device EUI)
app_eui (Application EUI)
app_key (Application Key)

Those above need to be inserted with the commands below as per the values you have configured in the LoRa Server you are using in the application/device you have input there. Use the commands below, where XX is the values for your LoRa Server.

at+set_config=lora:dev_eui:XX
at+set_config=lora:app_eui:XX
at+set_config=lora:app_key:XX

Regards
Vladislav

Hi @shayagmon,

The AT command to change UART baud rate is this one:

Thank you for your replies. I will set the correct dev_eui, app_eui and app_key and then try again. I must have been using incorrect values for these before.
Best regards,
Shay

Hi Fomi,

Can you please confirm this:
Using Wisnode v1.2 and FW version 3.0.0.4.H can change baud rate to 9600 as instructed (successfully).
However, AT command: “at+set_config=lora:app_key:” can not be set at 9600 baud rate.
It works at 115200 but not at 9600.
Thank you.

Hi @shayagmon,

You can try to use “at+set_config=device:uart:1:9600” to change the baud rate to 9600.

Yes, the command to change to 9600 baud rate works but once at 9600 the following command does not work: “at+set_config=lora:app_key:”
Thanks.

Hi @shayagmon,

Oh, i’m sorry. We’ve confirmed this issue, and we’ll fix it today.

Hi @shayagmon,

We’ve fixed this issue and released a new version firmware, please download from here:
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK811/Firmware/

Thank you very much ! Confirmed that it is fixed.

Hey
Even i had the same problem with the app_key input on 9600 bps… Confirmed that the above problem is solved…

But now a new problem arises!

After sending data (at+send), the device goes into sleep mode (Go to Sleep).
When we try to send data again, theirs No response after that. A Wake Up message is shown. Further sending or entering any other AT command does not given any reply.

Kindly help with the same…

Regards,
Jithin

Hi @jithins,

Yes, this is an issue, and we’ll fix it ASAP, then release a new firmware in 2 days. Please wait.
Thank you!

Hi @Fomi

Thanks for acknowledging the same… It is a big bother for developers if the code that worked earlier breaks down after an upgrade… Do try to fix the issue soon… Thanks a lot…

Regards

Hi @jithins,

We’ve fixed this issue. Please download the latest firmware:
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK811/Firmware/

1 Like

Hey @Fomi

Thanks… Confirm that the issue is resolved.

So now the device goes to sleep immediately after sending. If we send again, then the device wakes up. Only on the next send, does it send again.

Or else, before every send, we wake the module up by using the at+set_config=device:sleep:0 and then send.

Is this correct? It would be good if this is mentioned in the brochure… Thanks a lot.

Attaching screenshots for anyone who needs help with the same.

Regards
Jithin Isaac

Hi, @Fomi

I’m using RAK811 module connected to a host microcontroller via AT commands.
PA9/USART1_TX(PIN 6) and PA10/USART1_RX(PIN 10)
My host microcontroller is capable to send AT commands maximum at 9600bps.

In earlier version V2.0.3.4, I have changed baud rate to 9600bps by this command and worked.
at+uart=9600,8,0,0,0

Now upgraded to the latest version V3.0.0.11.H
I want to change baud rate to 9600bps again for the host microcontroller is able to send LORA AT commands (e.g. Join, Send, Sleep…)

I have tried that command for the latest version;
at+set_config=device:uart:1:9600
and the response is;
OK,The UART1 baud rate switch to 3.

From my microcontroller or when test PC-USB on the Wisnode Lora Module, I can not send LORA AT commands at 9600bps.

Then I tried also that;
at+set_config=device:uart_mode:1:0
and the response is;
Current AT uart work mode:normal mode

But It doesn’t work at 9600bps, but it still works at 115200bps.
What should I do ?

Hi, @Fomi
My custom microcontroller board has a firmware update connector for RAK811 smd module.
After firmware updated, I want uart at 9600bps configurated as well to be save non-volatile on RAK811.
My host can never send to uart at 115200bps for runtime configuration.

Yes, I want to use V3.0.0.11.H default at 9600bps and What should I do ?
Thank you

Hi,@leanofis
I’m very sorry reply so late.Yes,this is a vrey terrible bug.we will fix it quickly,and you could update fimeware to V3.0.0.12.H.

1 Like

Hi, @leopold
Thank you for the response.
I wait for V3.0.0.12.H

Yes, once baud rate has been changed that must be saved non-volatile.

1 Like