Unable to update bootloader on 4630

I had it working on Windows 7 before I switched to Win 10.
I had the Adafruit nRF52 BSP installed on Win 7 before for Adafruits nRF52 Feather boards, and when I plugged in the RAK4631 it was immediately recognized.

We have the same problem.
We have developed a board with RAK4630.
We tried uploading program with Arduino but get the same error described in the thread.
When we press the reset button twice it doesnt go to UF2 bootloader mode making it a drive.

Tried to update the firmware we get the following error.

Hello — I’m curious, is the Rak bootloader based on Adafruit’s? There seems to be an issue with OTA updates via the DFU and nRFConnect apps on Android that causes them to hang and not finish. It looks like they’ve just pushed through a fix for this Set the default max MTU size within the DFU transport to 23 by Montvydas · Pull Request #293 · adafruit/Adafruit_nRF52_Bootloader · GitHub

If it is based on theirs, will this be pulled in?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum @bhanuka

WisDuo RAK4630 stamp module comes with our RUI3 bootloader. It cannot be used with the Arduino BSP. You will have to change the bootloader first to the Arduino bootloader as shown in our Documentation Center

Welcome to the forum @Crichton

Yes, the bootloader is based on the Adafruit bootloader.

Do you experience any problems doing DFU OTA with nRFConnect?

Yes, there’s an issue with the latest android versions and it’ll hang and not complete. Apparently this was due to an issue with the MTU size that was changed at some point and the adafruit bootloader has been updated to account for that. I don’t quite understand it all but hoping that same fix can be applied to the wisblock bootloader and fix the issue.

Thank,
it doesn’t work

i will try to burn this (rui3_rak4631_latest,RAK4631_latest_dfu_package,rak4631_factory_bootloader ,rui3_rak4631_3.2.0-p2_22q1_final ) all boot loader but doesn’t work.

I also had troubles with bootloader exchange from a native RUI board to Arduino.

At first I converted a RAK4630 RUI to Ardunio according to this page Device Firmware Upgrade | RAKwireless Documentation Center

and resulted in

serial.serialutil.SerialException: WriteFile failed (PermissionError(13, ‘The device does not recognize the command.’, None, 22))

as reported here New to RAK4631, having startup problem - #17 by beegee - WisBlock - RAKwireless Forum

The INFO_UF2 file at this time was:

UF2 Bootloader 0.4.2 lib/nrfx (v2.0.0) lib/tinyusb (0.10.1-293-gaf8e5a90) lib/uf2 (remotes/origin/configupdate-9-gadbb8c7)
Model: WisBlock RAK4631 Board
Board-ID: WisBlock-RAK4631-Board
Date: Dec 1 2021
SoftDevice: S140 7.2.0

After some search, I tried to reflash the bootloader as suggested by Bernd

Now the SoftDevice filed in the INFO_UF2 file matches the one on the Arduino IDE , ie SoftDevice: “S140 6.1.1”

Maybe the mismatch between SoftDevice versions causes troubles?

Yes, Arduino BSP and RUI3 use different bootloader AND different SoftDevices.

The guide in the docs need to be updated.