12V Power Supply to RAK7249

Hi all,

I would like to power my RAK7249 from 12v rather than PoE 48v.

By checking the board and user manual, I notice there is an undocumented socket as below.

Can I ask:

• Can I connect my 12v DC mains to this socket and power the RAK7249?
  • Can I keep the backup battery connected and
  • If my mains 12v failed, does the board switch to battery automatically?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Paul

1 Like

Dear Paul,

1. You can connect your 12v DC mains to this socket and power the RAK7249(This socket is for 12V DC);
    2.Of course,you can keep the backup battery connected and 12V will charge battery;
    3.No,usually the output of battery connects to DC socket.If you connect your 12V DC mains to this socket,how can you connect the output of battery to the socket also?Actually,if you use PoE to power RAK7249,the regulator on board will output 12V,12V (Parallel connection with the output of solar)will charge battery,the battery’s output connects to the DC socket.If PoE failed,the board will switch to battery automatically.
1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

On a similar note, what is the best way for external 12V wiring to enter the gateway?

Thanks.

If the battery is connected to the top socket on the picture, marked “Backup Battery 12v”, and the incoming 12V is connected to the barrel connector bottom right on the picture, marked “? 12v ?”, which is what appears to be the original question, does this allow for the battery to be charged and take over if the incoming 12V fails?

Hi Lancepitka,

The enclosure of RAK7249 d

Hi Nick,

I think this picture can explain your question clearly.