5801 test with 4-20ma generator

With the RAK5801 on a RAK5005-0, I’m trying to generate the signal in lab before going to field. This is more of an electronics question so I’m sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong place.

I can get current with the generator, but not getting results in the 5801. I’m running the example 5801 4-20ma for the rak4360.

Does this hookup in the photo look correct? I obviously don’t understand ground vs common…

Hi, im not shure but you may connect your current generator wrongly to the RAK5801. This things are what i see:

• You connecting external power source (12V Output) to GND of your device.
  • Your device seems to based on 24V level.
  • Try to connect to GND of RAK5801 and GND of your “Current Generator”

Maybe im wrong, but your wiring is a little bit confusing. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, good catch on pin 5 connection, i should have updated my photo, that was early attempt.
Maybe I’ve already damaged the circuit. Going to track down a multimeter and verify the output.

Trying pin 5 connected to ground on generator does get a result, its just straight zero.

Thank you for looking at this.

@AndreP you got it, am able to read correct mA’s on pin 8 when I use the pin 6 for ground and using the example (non lora) pressure sketch. Now my issue is a working sketch that will read values while connecting to lorawan, but that’s another post!

Thanks again for helping me talk through this.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.