7431 Firmware Reset

I believe I have deleted the firmware on the 7431. Is there anywhere I can reset this device?

I ended up getting a 4200 firmware to take… but this appears to have lost the serial features…

Hi @thepeachfarmer
How you manage to delete it? :slight_smile:
How you flash RAK4200 firmware? Through the board USB or with USB to TTL converter to the module?

I wasn’t getting any at command responses. So I tried upgrading the firmware. I did this upgrade process several times with different firmware’s. I wasn’t really sure which one to use.

Anyway. I just need to know how to start this 7431 back from scratch

Through USB module is where I was

Hi. Please find the latest firmware for RAK7431 here. It should flash normally with the RAK DFU tool.

Hi,
The revision of the RAK7431 firmware provided in your link is 1.1.0060_R60. The firmware on my RAK7431 is “1.1.0062_Release”.
Is this the latest version?
Are you able to provide an updated link to the latest firmware?

Kind Regards
Greg

Hello @Greg,

Yes, this is the latest firmware version.

Thank you Nikola.
One final question.
The documentation states that the RAK7431 uses LoRaWAN MAC version 1.0.3, but are you able to confirm what Regional Parameters should be selected e.g. A, B, RP002 1.0.0, RP002 1.0.1 or RP002 1.0.2?

Kind Regards

Hi @Greg,
RP002 - 1.0.2 is the right answer here.
Best Regards

Final question:)
Would you be able to provide a link to the latest firmware?

The reason I ask is that I’m having trouble with my RAK7431 where it appears to be using the whole AU915 frequency band, channels 1 to 64, and node just the FSB2 band for which it is configured (confirmed using a spectrum analyzer). The result is that my gateway only forwards packets received in the FS2 band and drops the rest. Thus, I’d like to try reflashing the device to see if that makes a difference.

Kind Regards

@Nikola I am having a problem with RAK7431 devices which randomly stop sending uplinks.

I am using The Things Stack and I when select LoRaWAN Version MAC v1.0.3 the only available Regional Parameters option is PHY V1.0.3 REV A:

Is this the correct setting for the RAK7431?

Hi @amorphic,
Try using LoRaWAN version MAC V1.0.2.

Best Regards