Adafruit SPIFlash library incompatibility with 11310 Core

I’m trying to test a RAK15001 flash memory module on a dual IO base with 11310 core and 5860 cellular modem. I’ve installed the Adafruit_SPIFlash libraries and the example sketch is failing to compile with the following errors:

/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp: In function 'void fl_lock()':
/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp:51:3: error: 'rp2040' was not declared in this scope
   rp2040.idleOtherCore();
   ^~~~~~
/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp:51:3: note: suggested alternative: 'p24'
   rp2040.idleOtherCore();
   ^~~~~~
   p24
/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp: In function 'void fl_unlock()':
/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp:55:3: error: 'rp2040' was not declared in this scope
   rp2040.resumeOtherCore();
   ^~~~~~
/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp:55:3: note: suggested alternative: 'p24'
   rp2040.resumeOtherCore();
   ^~~~~~
   p24
/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp: In member function 'virtual void Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040::begin()':
/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp:91:3: error: 'flash_do_cmd' was not declared in this scope
   flash_do_cmd(cmd, data, 5);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/phil/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SPIFlash/src/rp2040/Adafruit_FlashTransport_RP2040.cpp:91:3: note: suggested alternative: '_flash_dev'
   flash_do_cmd(cmd, data, 5);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
   _flash_dev

Any insights? I’ve found reference to an alternative board manager for the RP Pico but want to make sure I’m not missing something obvious.

Bumping this for more visibility.

Hi @phil , I can confirm the compilation issue and already coordinated this to our software team to validate. I’ll let you know asap once I got update.

1 Like

Hi @phil ,

Here’s some update. The example code was create way back so the compatible library versions are a bit old. Maybe you can have a try using this versions.

Hi @carlrowan -

Confirming that the downgrade of those two libraries worked. The sketch compiled and the correct output appears in the serial monitor. Thanks for the suggestion!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.