Add extra RAK2247 module to RAK7249 gateway?

I bought a RAK7249 with only one 2247 (8 channel option). Can I buy another 2247 and install it myself along with a dedicated antenna? I see there is an empty slot for it.

1 Like

Hello @MattiasF,

This is possible, just make sure to get the USB option.

Regards
Vladislav

1 Like

Thanks for the superfast reply Vladislav!

Does the firmware automatically recognize the extra 2247 or do I need to reconfigure it?

Hei @MattiasF,

IT is recognized, so you do not have to tell the gateway it is there, however you should still go in and configure the frequency plan for the second concentrator in the packet forwarder section.

Regards
Vladislav

That is super interesting. Does that mean one of the 2247’s could be 915MHz and the other 433MHz? With the right module and antennas, is it possible to support two bands with one gateway?

Not at this point. This would require a polypacket forwarder, which is not supported at this point. You can only use a single band for now, however with twice the number of channels if the specific band permits it.

Understood. Thanks again for taking the time to explain and holding the fort during the Chinese New Year.

@MattiasF No worries, plus I am part of the EU team, New Year is long past here :wink:
You need more help we will be here.