Antenna included in RAK2245 Pi Hat AS923 product

Hello,

I bought RAK2245 Pi Hat AS923 last week.
There I found one Lora antenna in the package.
I want to know where can I buy more antenna included in RAK2245 Pi Hat AS 923 package.

Thanks,
Jong

Hi @jmson02,

I believe @kenyu, can help with this. I am assuming you want to get another iPEX antenna as the one that came with the packet.
However might I recommend another solution.
Assuming you want to put this in a case and have port out etc. It would be a better solution to get a pigtail cable to convert to SMA and use any standard SMA antenna. This will also allow you to upgrade to one of the larger gain antennas with an N-type connector. It will make it more future-proof.
You can even purchase the 5.8dBi outdoor antenna which comes with an iPEX to N-type cable.
Those are just suggestions, in any case I am sure @kenyu or someone from the staff will reply ASAP now that I have tagged him :slight_smile:
In case you decide to go with one of the larger antennas here are the links:

Regards
Vladislav

Hello Vladislav,

Thanks for your recommendation.

Actually I am looking for the high performance internal antenna for my device.
I am developing the lora device with DIY gateway based on RAK2245. My device’s dimension will be under 60x30x17mm and the TRP should be 9dBm. So, I am wondering the vendor which supply the antenna for RAK2245 Pi Hat AS923.

Thanks,
Jong

Hi @jmson02,

There is such. A thing as a high performance internal antenna?
As far as I know the antenna you are talking about is a helical one, gain about 1dB. This horrible :slight_smile:
But if you definitely want to have it inside I believe you can contact @kenyu. He will be happy to sell you some.
Regards
Vlasialav