ATE0 Command Fails to Disable Echo

Issue: ATE0 Command Fails to Disable Echo

Setup: RAK5010-M with BG95 Module

Details:
When attempting to disable echo using the ATE0 command, the command itself is echoed back, followed by the response “OK”. This indicates that the ATE0 command is not functioning as expected.

Steps to Reproduce:

Connect to the RAK5010-M BG95 module.
Send the command at+set_config=cellular:(ATE0)
Observe the response.
Observed Result: The command ATE0 is echoed back, followed by the response “OK”.

Expected Result: The command ATE0 should not be echoed back; only the response “OK” should be returned.

RAK

Additional Question: How can I avoid or bypass the AT+SET_CONFIG prefix to send cellular AT commands directly without the prefix?

Welcome to RAK forum @Adarsh ,

Can you try to enable echo first using at+set_config=cellular:(ATE) then deactivate it using at+set_config=cellular:(ATE0)? This trick works to me.

As for bypassing at+set_config=cellular, it is not possible because you area sending command to the nRF52 and not to the Quectel module.

This can be done via RUI3 but it is still has RAK5010 beta support.

Enabling echo first using at+set_config=cellular:(ATE) and then deactivating it using at+set_config=cellular:(ATE0) did not resolve the issue.

The AT command echoing is likely not an issue with the BG95 module itself. When I send the ATE command, it responds by displaying “ATE” twice. When I send the ATE0 command, it displays the command only once.

Is there a way to disable echo completely on the RAK5010-M module?