Battery Level Readings

Issue: Is it possible to get battery level from the unit? Also is it possible to see if the unit is charging? And is it possible to use different type fo charger (USB or induction) instead of solar panel? Can I just connect it or do I need some in-between hardware?

Setup:

Details:

You can refer :https://downloads.rakwireless.com/Cellular/RAK8211/Hardware%20Specification/RAK8211-NB%20Datasheet%20V1.0.pdf

Thanks, I have seen this document. I have to admin I am newbie in this and this is not really clear to me if how can I get battery level from the software

(I guess charing with other types instead of solar should be ok)

What are your needs?Just to recharge the battery?

Yes, to recharge it and to be able to display the battery level in app

@Jeff Can you help him?

Hi Vania,

Please refer to the following Schematic.
Sorry,you cann’t get battery level from the unit by software.LED2 is Charge Status indication and LED3 is Power Present indication.
It’s possible to use different type fo charger (USB or induction) instead of solar panel.The charging IC we used is BQ24210(You can get its datasheet from ethernet),and its datasheet explains that “For charging mode, input for charging source, connect to external DC supply (ie, Solar Panel, Inductive charging PAD, or Wall Adapter)”.You can just connect it to P2.But be carefully,the recommended maximum input voltage is 18V.