Cant receive anything but crc_errors

Issue: I’m only getting CRC_ERRORS on my RAK7258. I’m using MSP430FR5972 as a node with a lora Module RA-02 AI THINKER. The code that i’m using is https://github.com/EccoB/MSP430_LoRaWAN, but I’m only receiving CRC_ERRORS. I already checked everything, but didn’t work. I’m also seeing [truncated] instead of CRC_OK in the system log…

Setup: RAK7258 + MSP430

LoRa® Server: Build-in Lora Server

Details:

What is the frequency band of your gateway?From your log can see that the node configuration is EU433.Is the gateway frequency consistent?

I think so. I dont have any way to measure, but it’s configured to 433Hz too.

This is my configuration.

Ideally you need a known good working node to check your gateway, is there anything you borrow? If your gateway then picks up the that node, you can concentrate on your node, if it doesn’t, then you know to work on the gateway.

The RSSI of -116 would imply that your MSP430 + RA-02 radio is either a fair distance away or in a metal box or has no antenna - so it may be that your node isn’t transmitting successfully but you are picking up another nodes signal that is some distance away.

Is there any debug output from your node to confirm the LoRa module is happy? Is it set for OTAA or ABP? Can you change the spreading factor to improve the signal?

The GitHub code you reference is for a SX1276 (868MHz) but you will be using a SX1278 - you may need to look at the spec sheets for both to see what changes may be required.

I got two LoRa nodes made from ATMEGA328P (it’s an arduino). They can communicate with each other, but the gateway doesnt see anything, all I got is CRC_errors… The distance Node-Gateway is almost 5 meters, and I’m using antenna…
The arduino code that i’m testing is this https://github.com/sandeepmistry/arduino-LoRa/blob/master/examples/LoRaSender/LoRaSender.ino (but I changed the frequency to 433Hz)
I’m kind lost right now, i’ve been trying to make this work for about 4 weeks, but nothing works :frowning:

The Sandeep library is only for node to node communication - nothing in it sets up anything that would make sense to a LoRaWAN gateway - so it may be that’s what your gateway is hearing.

Coding an entry level Arduino to use a LoRa radio to do LoRaWAN can be tricky - the latest LMIC library is too big for a 328P but I find v2.2.2 works well enough for simple applications - so you may want to implement that on a node as your first port of call.

To eliminate all doubt, you may want to try a WisNode or a RAK811 breakout - this moves all the LoRaWAN client code to the module, you just send it some simple AT commands to configure and send with a clear indication of results.

Ohh… I got it.
But anyways, is there any type of special configuration I need to do on the gateway? It’s everything from factory right now. I need to create an apliccation and a device to make it work?
Sorry for these dumb questions, I just want to make sure everything is ok with the gateway.

I’ve not used this gateway (yet) but mostly the only thing to check is you are using the appropriate TTN gateway for where ever you are. Where are you?

If TTN is reporting the gateway as active, that’s a good sign. Is your gateway showing green?

Then you need to setup your application & device and use those settings on the node. Once you’ve done a few, it starts to make sense. :wink:

Yeap, I can see the gateway is alive from TTN…
The last question :stuck_out_tongue:
Do you know if this code from MSP430 can be used with the gateway?

I have to state that there is no EU433 band support on TTN. Where do you see the gateway is normal??Can you give me the screenshot?

The EU433 band is not supported!!!

I choosed “China”, wich was the closest to 433Hz…
I could make it work. I got the results correct right now, but i dont know how to interpret.

It’s encrypted, right? How can I read the correct message?

Here, take a look.

oh!It only reads the data, but does not transmit it to the TTN!You can try it built-in NS.
Refer this document:https://doc.rakwireless.com/rak7258-micro-gateway/set-up-rak7258-with-built-in-lora-network-server

LoRaWAN is a standard - if both ends are compliant and there is no reason they shouldn’t be, then they should work.

However company policy here is that we can only help those operating legally - can you tell me which country you are in so we can check if you are using the correct frequency band.

No, it’s not encrypted, it’s encoded in Base64 - if you decode it, you will get the data that was prepared & transmitted by the node.

What did you do to make it work?

I only saw your question afterwards, I’m sorry…
I’m from Brazil.