Compensation factor for Wisblock Base Boards

Hi everyone. I am working on a RAK4631 with RAK19001 base board. I am going through the example code for reading battery level and I saw this line stating that the compensation factor for the VBAT divider is dependent on the board.
May I know how to find out the compensation factor for the VBAT divider for each board? I have a RAK19007 board as well so it would be useful to know where to find the info. Thank you in advance.

Manually measure the voltage and compare with the output of the battery readings.
Then adjust the compensation value for this specific base board.

Thank you for the response!

I took the measurements with a digital multimeter, just sharing the following results I got for the compensation factor to get the reading as close as possible to the multimeter’s:
RAK4631: VBAT_DIVIDER_COMP (1.725)

RAK11310: VBAT_DIVIDER_COMP (1.827F)

Not much difference was found between the RAK19001 and RAK19007 base boards for both modules.

The example programs for detecting battery level from the respective repos were used: RAK11310 and RAK4631 (thank you @beegee !)

The compensation values will change slightly between base boards (even the same type) because of tolerances of the resistors used in the voltage divider.
We are using 1% resistors there, but the values are still slightly different.

Oh ok understood, thank you for the explanation!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.