Compiling RAK4200 without AT library

I’m trying to use RUI but without the AT command library. I’m trying to create my own handlers for my application that don’t require the original code. However, I don’t know what sorts of dependencies and to what extent there are within the source code. I was wondering if the source code is available to the public or it’s possible to compile offline. My module is unusable without it. :pensive:

I’m using the template posted here on your GitHub.

Hello,
RUI is an online compiler. Neither the compiler nor the API is open source.
You can find more information about the API in our documentation center

While the online tool may be a convenient way for things to get started, professional users have strict requirements to be able to build production firmware offline from known sources.

At present that means that using this series would require starting over from scratch to create a software base; the product line would be a lot more widely applicable if there were an open source starting point which already combined the MCU and radio basic needs with a LoRaWAN stack.

I don’t think it’s that far away from what is already published by others (eg LoRaMac-Node) but would take some work to get that going on these boards.

1 Like

Hi Chomper, RUI is an online compiler, and offline compilation is temporarily not available.
Regarding the AT command part you mentioned, the source code is provided in the open example. You can add custom commands or remove commands you don’t want.

1 Like