Connect components to 19007 without IO board

Please include the following information, in order for us to help you as effectively as possible.

• What product do you wish to discuss? RAK19007/19001 with RAK14000

• What firmware are you using? Arduino BSP

• What firmware version? eink-2.3.13.83f5ba0

We want to build the “Meshenger” with the RAK14000 epaper display:

https://www.printables.com/de/model/389311-meshenger-standalone-communicator-device-for-mesht

Tony Good uses an OLED which doesn’t need the I/O port and recommends the I/O board RAK13002 to connect buzzer/vibra/LED. Since we want to use the epaper display, we thought about using the RAK19001 (2 I/O ports).
But after toying around with the pin mapper (thanks Bernd!), we figured, that it’s impossible to use both boards due to too many conflicts. Tony mentioned, that it’s possible to connect buzzer/vibra/LED directly to the wisblock, but I couldn’t find any hints on the net. Could someone please tip us in the right direction or provide instructions on how to accomplish that? The way he connects them through the I/O board RAK13002 are described in the “Assembly GUide” on page 3…

Thanks for your help!!!

If you use the RAK19001, you can find all GPIO’s on the pin headers:

Depending on your configuration (RAK14000 uses SPI + GPIO’s WB_IO3, WB_IO4, WB_IO5 and WB_IO6) there are not much options.

What you can do is to use I2C2_SDA and I2C2_SCL as two GPIO’s. This I2C port is not used in the module slots.

When using the RAK4631, you have the (not well documented) IO7 and IO8 available as well.
IO7 and IO8 are not defined in the variants.h, but available as
IO7 ==> PIN_QSPI_IO2
IO8 ==> PIN_QSPI_IO3