Connect wisnode bridge rak7432 to gateway

Hi everybody,
I have a problem that needs to be answered which is about connecting the end device to the gateway, specifically the wisnode bridge rak7432.
Initial settings:

• work mode gateway: packet forwarder
  • the gateway has successfully connected to the TTN

After I read and followed this document RAK7432/RAK7434 Quick Start Guide | RAKwireless Documentation Center the gateway cannot connect to the TTN anymore. After that, I switched work mode back to the packet forwarder, the gateway could reconnect to the TTN and had the end device’s data in live data.
I want to ask why I have to switch work mode back to the packet forwarder for it to work? Why is it not mentioned in the documentation? Am I doing it wrong or is the documentation lacking?

Hello @ptitnqh ,

In the guide, there are two ways to use the RAK7432 sensor:
The first option is using the built-in LNS of RAK gateways.
The second option is adding the gateway in TTN, which of course requires the packet forwarder to be set up to forward to TTN, or otherwise your gateway data (and end device uplinks) will not arrive in TTN.

Best Regards,
Nikola Semov

Oh, so in the instructions I understand that connecting the end device to the gateway and connecting the end device to the TTN step by step is wrong, right?
So it can be understood that the instructions are instructing how to connect the end device to the gateway when the gateway’s workmode is build-in, but if its workmode is packet forwarder, it will be instructions to connect the end device to the TTN, right?

Hello @ptitnqh ,

We have different instructions to satisfy different customers. If you need to connect the device to RAK Built-In LNS you can use the instructions for that, and if you want TTN use the instructions for that.
I don’t see what in the instructions is wrong, you just have to know what you want and then just read the guide.

Best Regards,
Nikola Semov

1 Like