Diagnostic Screen Says It Needs Replaced

Hey everyone,

My miner has been trying to sync for a while now. It was the last one of mine to come online so I paired it and the diagnostic screen said the manufacturer needs to replace it. I was told to see help here before submitting a RMA for the unit (it’s not that old).

Screenshot of the report can be found here:

Anyone know a work around? I’ve tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Powers on, connects to wifi, just can’t sync with the network anymore.

Hei @tacticalmeatshield ,

Your SD card seems to need replacement. Head to our discord and open a ticket and we will help you out with obtaining a new one and flashing the firmware on it:

Regards
Vladislav

It’s been 24 hours since I opened a ticket on the discord channel you sent me to with no response. How long does it usually take to get the instructions to flash a new card?

Hi,

Can you give me the number of the ticket, normally within aa couple of hours you are taken care of.

Regards

Hey,

So they responded to my ticket and I used a 16gb card I had laying around (said they would send me a 32gb replacement card, haven’t gotten it yet). After 6 days the miner went back offline with the same error on the new card. Do I have a bad miner or what are the chances that the second card would work for about a week and fail for the same reason?

Thank you for your help, I don’t know what else to do!

@tacticalmeatshield ,

16GB is not enough to begin with, I doubt any of the RAK support advised you to use 16GB. Chances are high that it failed especially if it was not a good brand high grade one like Endurance or Performance.

Regards
Vladislav

Hey,

To clarify my previous post, they said I would eventually need a 32GB but that using a 16GB would at least help troubleshoot the issue until I recieved the 32GB card (which was requested on 11/23 and I have had zero communication about if that’s actually shipped out or not).

The micro SD used was a SanDisk Extreme. I ordered a 32GB SanDisk Extreme from Amazon two days ago, flashed it with the software like last time (2021_10_18_0_prod_fb.img), and it won’t boot. Am I missing a step? (The help ticket is closed so I’m not sure if I missed something simple or if the miner needs to be replaced…)

Hie @tacticalmeatshield ,

Can you please open another ticket, maybe give me the number it will be more efficient this way. Also there is a new image you might want to use, I will help you out with this as well.

Regards
Vladislav

The new ticket is 0429.

@tacticalmeatshield ,

Found it, lets move it there.

Regards
Vladislav