DIY Gateway, live data problem

Hi,
Don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but have nodes sending data to gateway, see the live device data. Have tried to access the DIY gateway with mosquitto and node red on raspberry pi, I get the payloads but not the sent data from the node shown on the live device screen on DIY gateway. Any help appreciated.

DIY Gateway:

8/14/2019, 10:16:02 AMnode: Bobapplication/1/device/000000000000000a/rx : msg : Object
object
topic: “application/1/device/000000000000000a/rx”

payload: “{“applicationID”:“1”,“applicationName”:“Nodes”,“devEUI”:“000000000000000a”,“deviceName”:“Bob”,“timestamp”:1565734570,“fCnt”:8,“fPort”:3,“adr”:false,“data”:“CAIBegNxAAD/AP8AB2hzBnMnLwJnAN4=”,“rxInfo”:[{“gatewayID”:“60c5a8fffe74d3f6”,“loRaSNR”:8.0,“rssi”:-84,“frequency”:923600000,“location”:{“latitude”:-40.300070,“longitude”:175.638250,“altitude”:197},“time”:“2019-08-13T22:16:09.081940Z”}],“txInfo”:{“frequency”:923600000,“dr”:5}}”

qos: 0
retain: false
_topic: “application/1/device/000000000000000a/rx”
_msgid: “381e8259.db5f9e”

Thanks

Hi @Haggis,

This is the raw frame data. It is encoded. The one you see in the built in application server decoded. If you want to see the actual payload you need an applications server as the one built in. I am assuming you want to put it in a database?
You will need to have an integration for this hosted separatelly.

Regarda
Vladislav

Hi,

So you are saying: “data”:“CAIBegNxAAD/AP8AB2hzBnMnLwJnAN4=” is the encoded version of the uplink 08 02 01 7b 03 71 00 00 00 00 05 00 07 68 72 06 73 27 2f 02 67 00 e0 I see on the gateway?

If so what is the process to decode the data please?

I have the gateway set to “build in lora server” under the lora packet forwarder.

Should I install Lora Server on my Raspberry Pi with the mosquitto and Node Red?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Hi @Haggis,

This:
08 02 01 7b 03 71 00 00 00 00 05 00 07 68 72 06 73 27 2f 02 67 00 e0

You see it in the LoRa application server, it is not the raw frames the gateway sees. If you want to have it outside of the integrated one you need to provide your own on another device.

Regards
Vladislav

Hi Vladislav

I have started setting up the Lora application server on a linux device. I’m having trouble connecting to the DIY gateway. Is there any particular version of lora server I need to use? Do I just use the diy gateways local ip to connect to without a port? Am I still using the built in lora server on the diy unit or lora gateway bridge?

Thanks for your help

Craig

Hi @Haggis,

Hm… So you want to have the built in LoRa Networks server communicate with your LoRa Application server on the separate machine, is this correct ?

Regards
Vladislav

Hi,

Is that a simpler solution?

What would you recommend? This gateway is not on ttn network its private. Im after a simple solution to be able read and analyze node data and send data back to the nodes automatically.

Thanks

Craig

Hi @Haggis,

Why not use the built in LoRa Server ?

Regaeds
Vladislav

Hi,

Back to my first post, I thought I was using the built in server:

And the following data:

Is there more to the built in Lora Server?

When I connect to the server with mqqt I get the scrambled data field.

How do I get the data shown next to uplink above onto another computer to analyze?

Thanks

Craig

Hi @Haggis

You are not connecting to the server if you are using MQTT, you are connecting to the broker. If you want to visualize your data on another computer, you need to write your won application integration.
Perhaps @yutao can help further. I am not sure I can advice you how to do so, as I have never done it.
Also this is not a part of the RAKwireless suite, this is why it is called 3rd party integration.

Regards
Vladislav

Thank you for your assistance, have contacted @yutao.

Regards

Craig

Hello Haggis @yutao ,

Can you please direct me to the link of your discussion, Any progress Haggis on your project ? I have simillar issue and looking for any documentation to help but came across your notes

Hi what’s your problem? Can’t receive downlink msg?

Thanks for quick respond,
I want to connect my 7258 gateway (while working as Lora Server) to Thingsboard. I cannot set it up.
I am able to send MQTT message from for example python script to a device in thingsboard but I cannot get MQTT message from the 7258 gateway.

Is there any tutorial for Rakwireless to receive MQTT from gateway in simulated environments or on thingsbaord for both uplink and downlink.

The MQTT protocol version used by RAK7258 is V3.1. It cannot work well with some mqtt broker. I guess your problem may be related to this. But don’t worry. The newly released firmware can support both MQTT V3.1 and MQTT V3.1.1 protocols.

Yutao,

I do not see setting for changing MQTT version, do I need to install MQTT myself on the gateway ? If yes then how ? I only see MQTT Broker Address & MGTT Broker Port in my Gateway settings.
The Gateway that I purchased is 7258 indoor and I perfored upgrade based on the firmware in the downloads section of Rakwireless website. This is the file name: LoRaGateway_1.1.0059_Release_r197.rar

r198 is the latest version.

https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/DIY-Gateway-RAK7249/Firmware/

Hi @Yuato,

do you mean I can upload firmware of Rak7249 to the rak 7258 ? Is it safe ?

This is the correct link https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/Indoor-Gateway-RAK7258/Firmware/
And yes, the firmware recognize the Gateway version, so it is safe.