Edge Impuls with RAK 4631

I perform deep learning with Edge Impuls on temperature data. In my Edge Impuls project, the model is trained and ready to be deployed. To get the code onto my RAK 4631, I would now like to create an “Arduino library” (zip file unzipped) that I simply load onto the RAK 4631 via the Arduino IDE. Can I do that? The reason I’m asking is this RAK guide suggests I cannot do that without going via the software PlatformIO. I was hoping for clarification as I do not understand why I could not simply upload the created Arduino library via the Arduino IDE.

Thank you for any hints!

Welcome back to RAK forum @jrs ,

The Edge Impulse port for the RAK WisBlock Cores have compilation errors on Arduino IDE. You can try it yourself quickly to get ideas on the errors. For now, all is smooth with PlatformIO.

Here’s the compilation error screenshot.

Thank your for your answer!

I meanwhile found what I was looking for. Once I created the “Arduino library” in Edge Impuls, I can simply download it as zip-file, add it via the Arduino IDE as library, and reference it in my sketch like so: #include <my_edge_impuls_project_inferencing.h>. More details how to use that library are then given in the example sketches that will come alongside the library. Compilation works like a charm, so for me there’s no need at all the use PlatformIO. This was not evident to me from the docs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.