Failed to start the concentrator

./start.sh: line 6: echo: write error: Device or resource busy
*** Packet Forwarder ***
Version: 2.1.0
*** SX1302 HAL library version info ***
Version: 2.1.0;

INFO: Little endian host
INFO: found configuration file global_conf.json, parsing it
INFO: global_conf.json does contain a JSON object named SX130x_conf, parsing SX1302 parameters
INFO: com_type SPI, com_path /dev/ttyACM1, lorawan_public 1, clksrc 0, full_duplex 0
INFO: antenna_gain 0 dBi
INFO: Configuring legacy timestamp
INFO: no configuration for SX1261
INFO: Configuring Tx Gain LUT for rf_chain 0 with 16 indexes for sx1250
INFO: radio 0 enabled (type SX1250), center frequency 865200000, RSSI offset -215.399994, tx enabled 1, single input mode 0
INFO: radio 1 enabled (type SX1250), center frequency 866385000, RSSI offset -215.399994, tx enabled 0, single input mode 0
INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 0> radio 0, IF -137500 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 5 to 12
INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 1> radio 0, IF 202500 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 5 to 12
INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 2> radio 1, IF -400000 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 5 to 12
INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 3 disabled
INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 4 disabled
INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 5 disabled
INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 6 disabled
INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 7 disabled
INFO: Lora standard channel 8 disabled
INFO: FSK channel 8 disabled
INFO: global_conf.json does contain a JSON object named gateway_conf, parsing gateway parameters
INFO: gateway MAC address is configured to **************
INFO: server hostname or IP address is configured to “au1.cloud.thethings.network”
INFO: upstream port is configured to “1700”
INFO: downstream port is configured to “1700”
INFO: downstream keep-alive interval is configured to 10 seconds
INFO: statistics display interval is configured to 30 seconds
INFO: upstream PUSH_DATA time-out is configured to 100 ms
INFO: packets received with a valid CRC will be forwarded
INFO: packets received with a CRC error will NOT be forwarded
INFO: packets received with no CRC will NOT be forwarded
INFO: GPS serial port path is configured to “/dev/ttyAMA0”
INFO: Reference latitude is configured to 0.000000 deg
INFO: Reference longitude is configured to 0.000000 deg
INFO: Reference altitude is configured to 0 meters
INFO: Beaconing period is configured to 0 seconds
INFO: Beaconing signal will be emitted at 866500000 Hz
INFO: Beaconing channel number is set to 1
INFO: Beaconing channel frequency step is set to 0Hz
INFO: Beaconing datarate is set to SF8
INFO: Beaconing modulation bandwidth is set to 125000Hz
INFO: Beaconing TX power is set to 27dBm
INFO: global_conf.json does contain a JSON object named debug_conf, parsing debug parameters
INFO: got 2 debug reference payload
INFO: reference payload ID 0 is 0xCAFE1234
INFO: reference payload ID 1 is 0xCAFE2345
INFO: setting debug log file name to loragw_hal.log
INFO: found configuration file local_conf.json, parsing it
INFO: local_conf.json does contain a JSON object named gateway_conf, parsing gateway parameters
INFO: gateway MAC address is configured to **********************
INFO: packets received with a valid CRC will be forwarded
INFO: packets received with a CRC error will NOT be forwarded
INFO: packets received with no CRC will NOT be forwarded
This is uart for GPS.
INFO: [main] TTY port /dev/ttyAMA0 open for GPS synchronization
CoreCell reset through GPIO17…
Opening SPI communication interface
ERROR: [main] failed to start the concentrator

How do I rectify this type of error? Iam using a RAK7391 Gateway with RAK5146 concentrator module?

I scanned my concentrator found that it is in “/dev/ttyACM1” but while installing I choose RAK5146(SPI) instead of RAK5146(USB) from the gateway model selection list, can anyone tell me how to rectify this?
I ran ./choose_model.sh and tried changing it to RAK5146(USB) but again when I run ./start.sh I find some issues in the reset gpio and failed to start the concentrator !

Hi DIvya

What kind of issues? When using the USB version the GPIO reset is not required (although rak_common_for_gateway does it anyway).
BTW, I strongly recommend to use RAKPiOS and rakpios-cli instead of rak_common_for _gateway since we are slowly removing support for the later.

Hi Xose,

1. Reset issues:
    “./start.sh: line 7: /sys/class/gpio/gpio17/direction: Permission denied” I can see that the gpio17 not created inside sys/class/gpio also tried using gpio 22 facing the same issue
  2. As per your recommendation how should I go back to RAKPIOS as my username changed from RAKPIOS to ttn-gateway? (how to uninstall rak_common_for _gateway)

Thankyou.

Hi Xose,

This question might be silly but I just wanted to know, by ordering a gateway from RAK Wireless RAK7391 LoRa gateway with RAK5146 ( SX1303 LoRa Core in slot 2) and RAK5148 (2.4 GHz mini PCIe Concentrator in slot 1) just by powering it will it get connected to the Network server? I understand that initial configurations must be done like selecting frequency band, location, network server, fetching EUI etc ?

Thankyou.

rak_common_for_gateway does not change the username, only the hostname. That’s not a big issue. You can stop and disable the ttn-gateway service and you are good. Of course a more clean option would be to flash RAKPiOS anew. But up to you.

The RAK7391 comes in two flavours: with RAKPiOS flashed or not. Either way you have to go through the configuration process using rakpios-cli. Check here: RAKPiOS | RAKwireless Documentation Center

Hi Xose,

Tried to configure using the rakpios-cli command,
Service - UDP Packet forwarder
TTN region - au1
Freq plan - in 865-867
interface, model - USB, RAK5146
Reset - 17
power pin - 0
port - 1700 etc
also I am not able to see the logs !
the gateway is disconnected in the TTN console, how to rectify ?

There is an option from within rakpios-cli to see the logs, and, since what it does is run a docker container in the background, you can also check the logs using docker:

docker logs -f udp-packet-forwarder

(please mind I wrote this out of memory, the name of the container might be slightly different).

Hi,
Getting this error - “Gateway EUI: cat app local conf json no such file or directory” while configuring through “rakpios-cli” command
Thankyou.

Hi Xose,

Can you help me rectify the above error?

Hi Divya
That’s a weird error, looks like the service was not running when you queried for the service information. Will try to reproduce it on my side.

Is it safe to flash the rakpios into the SD card, boot the compute module 4 using SD card and try configuring it as a LoRa gateway using rakpios-cli command as per your recommendation ?

Well, that’s what it’s meant for :slight_smile:
Mind that booting the CM4 using an SD card will only work with Lite versions of the CM4 (without eMMC). If your CM4 has eMMC you will have to flash the RAKPiOS on the eMMC, the SD card won’t work (this is a limitation/feature of the CM4, nothing to do with the WisGate Connect).

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.