Field Tester RAK10701

Can the Field Tester RAK10701 work with P2P?
From the description looks like it can only work with LoraWAN.
I would like to use is with our LoRa P2P Gateway.
Can the its firmware be changed/adapted to work with P2P gateway.

Thank you.

Hi Frank,

The RAK10701 relies on an external calculation of distances and min/max signal strength from an LNS integration (end-point) that is connected to LoRaWAN servers. A change of the firmware might be possible, but you would need to develop an end-point for your LoRa P2P gateways. And I am not sure whether you have a server connected to your P2P gateways that could be used for the end-point.

If you do not need all the functionality of RAK10701 (number of gateways, distance to gateways, min/max RSSI and SNR levels), but want to just perform range and connectivity tests, maybe something simpler like my RUI3-Signal-Meter-P2P-LPWAN is sufficient.
lora-p2p-rx

The code is only listening to P2P at the moment, but it is a small change to send out test messages as well on P2P. Maybe it is possible for your P2P gateway to detect such a test message and send back a test packet.

This is not a ready to buy end device, it is using a RAK19003 Base Board, RAK3372 Core module (== RAk3172) and the RAK1921 OLED display. Fitted into a 3D printed enclosure, I am using that a lot.

There is no UI at the moment, the setup is done with AT commands over the USB of the device. I am working (on the side and when I find time) on a new version with a larger OLED display and a button to change some basic settings directly on the device.

The code would run as well on this handheld device