Frequency Change RAK7243C Pilot Gateway

The gateway which we are using is labelled as IN865MHz. Can we use it in EU 868MHz freq by changing the gateway-config setting to EU region? Just wanted to know if the hardware has support for the band as per the spec sheet.

I have an EU 868 node and it is not joining the gateway. So, just wanted to confirm if the software console setting of 868MHz has really worked out or not.

Thanks.

Hi. Yes, the hardware for IN865 and EU868 is the same. You have to change in gateway-config the region. It is normal for node to not joining the channels are different for EU868 and IN865.

Thanks much @velev . So, my EU868 node will not be able to join to the gateway on EU868 mode?

I’m trying to join the EU868 node to gateway set on EU868.

Let me be more clear. Probably your Gateway is configured for IN865 in gateway-config menu. You have to change it to EU868. Then the node in EU868 mode will join.
Just frequency channels for IN865 and EU868 are different and Gateway and node can not talk to each other if they are not in same region plan.

Oh oh… Sorry for any confusion.

I have an EU 868 node and it is not joining the gateway. So, just wanted to confirm if the software console setting of 868MHz has really worked out or not.

Here, I mean to say, node EU868 not joining the gateway which is set to 868MHz EU not IN.

But, thanks for your immediate response. Really helpful.

Can you check in the Gateway log if the Gateway is seeing the join requests and sending the join accept frames ?