Help to GPS RAK5205

308/5000

I need to send the coordinates at all times, I don’t care about the battery!
I’m using lora’s class C, but the GPs take the first coordinate and then can’t find anything.
I needed it connected at all times, always getting it, but I’m not able to configure it, can someone help me?

The default time interval for firmware to send data is 10 minutes, so wait until the next GPS data is uploaded 10 minutes before starting to search again for GPS data and upload it.

It is possible to take the coordinates in short intervals and send them to the gateway?

Because the sensor needs a period of time to search for signals, this period of time cannot be shortened.

Would I have to disable the power save / sleep mode? After you find a satellite, take the coordinates and send it to the gateway

What is the minimum recommended period?

It is best to exceed 60 seconds.

Would I have to disable the power save / sleep mode? After you find a satellite, take the coordinates and send it to the gateway

Sleep mode can effectively save electricity and search for GPS signals again after waking up.

My aim is not to save battery, but to be accurate with this device.
I would like to get as many coordinates as possible

Then you can turn off the sleep mode, which can save some waking time.

how can I do this?
I try but don’t working

at+set_config=lora:send_interval:2:60

1 Like

Can i use class c ?
I need for that

You need to modify the last bit (60) to determine the interval you want to send.

May be LoRaWAN isn’t the right choice here as streaming data continuously isn’t using the unlicensed spectrum fairly. You might find this article of use: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/limitations-data-rate-packet-size-30-seconds-uplink-and-10-messages-downlink-per-day-fair-access-policy-guidelines/1300

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.