Hotspot not found on onboarding server?

Hotspot not found on onboarding server ?
Did anyone get any resolve from this issue, I have logged out and back in on Helium app, rebooted my router, and miner. My MNTD gold miner is new, and I am trying to get it activated with no joy, I can see it on a third party diagnostic tool app, but just not able to pass the Hotspot not found on onboarding server msg via Helium app, any suggestions would be appreciated

1 Like

Same here. Just received my v2 Hotspot 7248. I can see it with diagnostic tools. Helium directed me to use MNTD. It goes through the motions but does not appear on the network.

Name:
WINNING SCARLET TROUT

Diagnostic:
{
“Hotspot”: “None”,
“Ethernet MAC”: “6081F93E4535”,
“Wi-Fi MAC”: “6081F93E4536”,
“Firmware Version”: “2022.09.13.2”,
“IP”: “192.168.86.42”,
“Outbound Connection”: “OK”,
“Blockchain Height”: “1702207 sync: 100%”,
“Report Generated”: “2023-01-13 13:04:31”,
“Last Challenged”: “No Challenge Found”
}

Where do you get all the information about the firmware and so on?
Maybe I have a similar problem like you, I can’t register my rak7248. It is not displayed in the MNTD app

Hey

I would suggest for you both to go to our discord and we will sort it out. There are issues with onboarding right now and there are a number of solutions that are users dependent so best see help there:

Regards
Vladislav

Thanks for you respond. I opened a ticket there (ticket-5412). Hopefully it will be solved soon. But is seems many folks are having this problem right now.

@Ghostrider

OK I already replied there, so…

Regards
Vladislav

Maybe this solution suits your problem as well.

Where is the discord server?