How to assemble RAKBox-B5

I received one of these today

There are many screws included and I am not sure how to assemble it. Does anyone have a photo of an assembled one for reference?

Hi JP,
you can find the assembly guide in our Documentation Center: Installation Guide | RAKwireless Documentation Center

2 Likes

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. Maybe it would be nice to link to it from the shop page?

Thank you for your suggestion.
I will request our IT Team to add the link.

Some other notes about assembly:

• The screws are all packed into the same plastic bag, so it’s difficult to know which ones are which. But with some trial and error I found which standoffs and which screws belong where.
  • My kit did not have a battery included. There was however a battery holder. But the battery holder does not have the jst-ph cable connected to it. The kit also did not include this cable. Luckily I had one lying around, so I soldered the jst cable to the enclosure, and put a 18650 battery into it.
  • The document recommend to put the BLE antenna on the right, but it doesn’t reach. I left the BLE antenna out and used the SMA connector for LoRa.

@jpmeijers
The battery is not included in the kit. Sending batteries is difficult, all transportation services require special treatment when LiPo batteries are in the package.
For the battery cable, I will check again with our logistics, we discussed some time ago to switch the battery holder to another type that has the cable already attached.

The installation manual will be corrected. The position of BLE and LoRa antenna should be opposite.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.