Insert error: pq: unsupported Unicode escape sequence

Hi all -

I recently enabled Postgres integration on the Rak2243 hat firmware and am receiving the following error in syslog:

lora-app-server[9962]: time=“2019-09-04T21:42:26+01:00” level=error msg=“integration/multi: integration *postgresql.Integration error” error=“insert error: pq: unsupported Unicode escape sequence”

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this or what can be causing this?

Thanks! Mk…

Hi @mattkoster,

Can you give us more info. What image are you using, what is the purpose of the integration, etc.

Regards
Vladislav

Vladislav -

I’m using the RAK2245&RAK831_based_on_Raspbian_OS_V4.0.0_20190828 image. Just setup basic postgres integration per the docs and this message is being generated when sending a packet with from a Adafruit LoRa Radio Bonnet RFM95W. Nothing fancy, just send a simple “hello” message. Does this help? Thanks again.

Mk…

Hi @mattkoster,

Basic postgres integration per the docs. Which docs would those be ?

Regards
Vladislav

Vladislav -

The docs for lora-app-server:

https://www.loraserver.io/lora-app-server/integrate/sending-receiving/postgresql/

Mk…

Hi @mattkoster,

Hmm, so you are using the RAK image, yet you are not using the gateway configuration utility to set up your lora server. Or perhaps you are running it on another peace of metal ?
I am not sure, what exactly is your setup, we doing the integration by hand is not really required if you are using the RAK firmware?

Regards
Vladislav

Vladislav -

I’m doing it all on the same box (Raspberry PI 3+ with the RAK image). I’m using gateway-config to setup the loraserver like your documentation walks through. Is the postgres integration configured by default with the image? It didn’t look like it was. All I’m trying to do is get the messages inside a datastore instead of just going to syslog. Does this help explain the setup?

Mk…

Hi @mattkoster,

It would seem that this is due to an error in formatting. The message in its form as it is generated by default is not supported as a valid format by the postgres. You need to reformat it in order for the database do accept it. Haven’t done anything like this myself, unfortunately can’t tell you how to do it, but it makes sense for this to be the case as your message is largely dependent on your particular node data, right ?
@velev can you help with this ?

Regards
Vladislav

Hello @mattkoster
Can you post your lora-app-server.toml? And please give some prn screens from “sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog”

Regards
Todor Velev