IQ inversion can't be disabled

Hi,

I’m elaborating with using IQ inversion for our P2P downlink to potentially avoid a bit of link interference.

In one end I have a RAK3172 with our custom firmware. In the other end a RAK3172 with RUI and AT communication.

The problem is that on the RUI side, after turning on IQ inversion (AT+IQINVER=1 before AT+PSEND), it seems I can no longer disable inversion mode. AT+IQINVER=0 returns OK but any receive after this will never return any data.

Sometimes I can reset P2P-mode with AT+P2P=868000000:8:1:2:12:14 and AT+IQINVER=0 and receive will work again but seems flaky.

Example of AT communication when it’s not working:

AT+P2P=868000000:8:1:2:12:14
OK
AT+IQINVER=0
OK
AT+PRECV=10000
OK
+EVT:RXP2P:-23:11:0000060A4EF200000000000EBF15CCFFBC
AT+IQINVER=1
OK
AT+PSEND=00000a737e2e
OK
+EVT:TXP2P DONE
AT+IQINVER=0
OK
AT+PRECV=10000 (here I expect to receive data but never do)
OK
+EVT:RXP2P RECEIVE TIMEOUT

Any suggestions or comments on this is appreciated.

Best regards,
Olle

Hello @olle

I did a quick test and can confirm that there is a problem with AT+IQINVER

I push this to our R&D department for further checking.

Thank you @beegee , hope they’ll be able to solve it soon

Hi @olle

Which RUI3 version are you using.

I could see the problem once, but our R&D can’t see the problem.
I updated my RUI3 version to the latest V4.0.6 and now I can’t see the problem either.

I’m pretty sure we were using the latest version of RUI too, and I could repeat it easily. But at this time I no longer have a setup to verify it.
Anyway, we’re no longer aiming to use RUI for our product, so for our sake this is not a problem no more. Thanks for investigating though!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.