JSN-SR04T on a rak19007

Hi, so i bought a rak19007 board with a rak4631-R.

I wanted to put a JSN-SR04T ultrassound sensor on it. But im not sure where should i put it, im not sure if i should put it on the J10, J11 or J12 header.

Can someone help me with this?

Hi Vasco,

The wisblock ultrasonic sensor compatible with board RAK19007 is Ultrasonic Sensor ango Sense CS100.

Could it be?

Claudio

No, it is not.
I have a JSN-SR04T ultrasonic sensor. It uses a single sensor for sending/receiving of the ultrasonic sound.
Limitation is that detection below 30cm is not working.
The RAK12007 is using two sensors, one for sending, one for receiving, which makes it possible to measure even small distances.

The RAK12007 is not water proof. I checked the sensors used are not available in water proof version.

For the JSN-SR04T, it will be difficult to use it on the pin headers J10, J11 or J12.
I used that sensor with our IO module RAK13002

You need two GPIO’s + power at least.
On the pin headers you have WB_IO1 and WB_IO2 only. You could use them, but you loose the option to power down other sensors through WB_IO2.

Hi Bernd,

In this application I don’t have the need to use more sensors.
So how can I connect the two of then?

Hi Cláudio,

No, I’m really talking about the JSN-SR04T sensor, which is water proof and which is what I need for this application.

The RAK12007 is a single sensor, it only uses a separate ultrasonic transceiver and a separate ultrasonic receiver.

The reason is within the ultrasonic sensor itself.
If you use a single sensor for transmit and receive, after you have initiated sending an ultrasonic wave, you have to wait for a certain time to let the membrane stop vibrating before you can start listening to the echos.
If you use two membranes, you can start listening on the second membrane as soon as the first one has finished sending the us wave.

The RAK12007 goes into the IO slot of the Base Board. You can use as well the IO extension cable to place it apart from the Base Board.

I was talking about not using the rak expansion board and simply soldering the JSN sensor to the rak-19007 board.
Or do i really need the expansion board?

You can solder it directly, you will need to solder to two pin headers:

Oh i didnt know it was possible to use two headers for the same sensor.
Thanks for the help!

Good morning,

As @beegee explained, you have two options, but you don´t have to do both, just what you think that is easier for you:

1. Connect your sensor directly in the board RAK19007, or;
  2. Use the extension board RAK13002.

Claudio