Lora standard version of WisBlock cores?

While looking at the new WisBlock
store.rakwireless.com/products/rak4200-evaluation-board answers a question

Q: Hi does this module support Class C as well ?

A: It is fully compliant with LoRaWAN 1.0.2 - Class A and Class C are supported.

The 1.0.2 jumps out at me and I wonder if there are significant different in 1.0.3 ?
And will there eventually a move to 1.0.3?

These are now known as WisDuo, WisBlock is the modules on a carrier with the EVB, known as WisBlock Base, adding a new variant of module, known as WisBlock Core along with sensors (WisBlock Sensor) and some IO (WisBlock IO).

Madam Google will answer your question regarding the differences - or you can read the specs that are available on the LoRaWAN Alliance website.

1.0.2 is the most stable spec and is the only one with certification that will last out the year and there are some hold ups with 1.0.3, so I doubt we’ll see that being in widespread use for a while yet.

Thanks @nmcc,
Yes, I’ve been reading up on WisBlock in various places, Rak News, Github, ect.
I put my application in to be a WisBlock beta tester a couple of days ago : )
And got an explanation that most significantly “1.0.3 only added a way to update the time of the device via downlink” from a Helium Network person.

I’m thinking if that was important enough then just put it in the payload of a download.

Raise another question I have about end-node software: is moving toward RTOS?
And is the cycle cost of RTOS a reason for not going there?

So they missed the whole new block of functionality that I’ll still leave you to find. That would definitely be a Helium “show me the money” Network.

Unless you have deadlines for sensor reading on your MCU, it’s a huge extra development effort. If the MCU is also talking to the radio chip as well, you have to be very careful that you allow the LoRa Mac time to do what it needs to do as a priority. Hence the beauty of using something like an ATmega4809 + RAK4200 module. Simple to develop the sensor code, when you need to do radio, hand over the payload and get on with the next task.