Miner Stopped Connecting to Synch with Blockchain

Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting this Blockchain Synch issue with my Rak Miner? So far, I have tried the standard reset button; next, I unplugged the unit and the antenna and let it sit for about 30 minutes. So now I am 3 days without connecting to the Blockchain and thus the unit is reporting offline. Please share any solutions that you may have.
Name of Miner: Massive Ash Crocodile

Thank you.

I would suggest heading to Discord to resolve this the quickest, however you should prepare a diagnostics report, the text one. This will let us know what is going on. Checking on it without the report it seems online, thus it is connected, as for why it is not being active this is harder to guess.

Regards
Vladislav

Hello Vladislav,
Thank you for replying. Discord has not been a good resource for me to solve this issue.
I spent 2 days over there and came to this Rak forum where I discovered a possible area
to visit with this issue. I also submitted photos from the app showing the issue with the
Blockchain not synching and have sent daily reports to Rak Wireless Support regarding
this issue.

Yesterday I received a notice from Helium App and they said the issue has been resolved
and I was one line for a few hours. Today it stopped synching and I just received about 2 hours
ago that the APP or. stating that the system will be down for about 2 hours for maintenance.

I will be very happy when I actually can sit here and start to have this unit working.

I appreciate you for reaching out and making the contact to offer some assistance.

1 Like

Hi there
I have a very similar issue. A few days back earnings became very low all of a sudden for several days in a row. So I unplugged the power, re attached aerial. Left it a few hours. Reattached and it restarted. 30 mins after repaired device to app. Over 24 hrs later no joyā€¦ and now zero earnings and seems it wonā€™t reconnect to blockchain at all:

Website 19 witnesses syncing
APP NO WITNESSES SYNCING

Any advice welcome.
Name:
Kind Cherry Daschund

We have tried Discord for info but no joy.

Thank you
Ali

Hello Vladislav,

I was curious to know if there is an internal team of tech people that could help us correct this issue.
I really would like to get this process of connecting to the blockchain cleared up. I am now 6 days with
no connection to the Blockchain and the few bucks that I have generated are being subtracted.
I am intensely looking for solutions and at this time, I have none. Do you have someone on the
inside that I (we) can communicate directly?

Thank you and I greatly appreciate the assistance.

You would have to provide at the very least a diagnostics report, with the block height to be able to start troubleshooting.
The people at Discord are the same you will find here, they are part of the tech team, by the way.

Regards

Thank you Vladislav for an update on the issues Jeff and I experiencing.

I sent a message a couple of days ago to support but received no response. I know you guys are v busy, but here is current report incase this helps. Inbound and outbound now have green ticks but still says ā€˜offlineā€™ this has been a few days now and Iā€™m a bit concerned. There are 3 miners in my hex, the other calchip miner is showing offline too and happened at a similar time. The bobcat in the hex seems fine and still earning. Is there a calchip/rak network issue going on?

Iā€™ve seen people talking about increasing the size of an SD cardā€¦ would this cause a miner to go offline until a card flushes if it gets full? Would seem odd to go offline, but then again I tried a power down so maybe this was part to blame. Help much appreciated.

Thank you Jeff for pushing this topic too. It is frustrating, so I understand where you are coming from.

Please add more details to the issue youā€™re experiencing below

Hotspot: kind-cherry-dachshund
Hotspot Maker: Cal-Chip Connected Devices
Address: 11iTiBowJhgZWqMDonGBUayj9zRmmmwkCACQEpcU6BwGbRphLtR
Connected to Blockchain: yes
Dialable: yes
Height: 1,188,916
Last Challenge: 2022-01-17 04:08 PM
Firmware: 2022.01.12.1
App Version: 3.8.6
Wi-Fi MAC: 60:81:F9:70:5E:E1
Eth MAC: 60:81:F9:70:5E:E0
NAT Type: Static
IP Address: 192.168.0.44
Disk status: ok
Report Generated: 2022-01-21 08:24 AM
Device Info: lahaina | android 30

Hello Aliā€¦

I am sorry for not being able to respond sooner. Someone inside Rak Wireless
reached out to me and gave suggestions that I already tried on several occasions.

Then, he gave me this link that related to what you spoke about in regards to
the SD Card. Then, I looked at a video linked to on the page that explained WHY
we need to upgrade our SD Card and HOW to do it. You are correct. It seems to
be related to the Blockchain and rapid growth of the Helium Network which is
causing problems with the SD CARD 32 GB. The suggestion is to upgrade to
a 64 GB Sandisk High Endurance SD and ā€œFlashā€ it. (the link explains this)

Please study the details on the linked page and catch that video near the end of
the page because it will help A LOT! I will be implementing this change on my
Rak Miner V2 on Saturday evening and I will keep you updated.

Letā€™s go with Positive Expectancy on this as a solution.

https://support.getmntd.com/hc/en-us/articles/4418137820951-I-need-to-replace-the-microSD-card-on-my-hotspot

Hey Jeff,

Ah great news! I saved a YouTube video too on it. Hopefully we will both get back online soon. Thanks for sharing so much info this will really help. Iā€™ll be doing mine Saturday too - hopefully we will be sorted and earning soon. Hope it goes well for you upgrading the card.

Bye for now

Ali

Hello Ali,

It is ALL working properly with the change of the SD Card going from 32GB to 64 GB
and then the re-imaging instructions provided. After completing the process and then
reconnecting the unit. It takes about 4-6 hours to connect to the blockchain to let you
know that something positive has happened. Then it takes about 20 hours more to
move from 99.70% synched to 100%. Then another 12 hours until my account started
to add Beacons and Witnesses. And, then finally my account started showing a little
bit of revenue being added to it. So, I am sure that over the next few days things
should improve significantly. From what I understand, it takes a few days to really
ramp up. But, I am happy to report success and that the process was solid in terms
of the information passed on to me.

Please let me know how you are coming along. :slight_smile:

Hello Ali,

It is ALL working properly with the change of the SD Card going from 32GB to 64 GB
and then the re-imaging instructions provided. After completing the process and then
reconnecting the unit. It takes about 4-6 hours to connect to the blockchain to let you
know that something positive has happened. Then it takes about 20 hours more to
move from 99.70% synched to 100%. Then another 12 hours until my account started
to add Beacons and Witnesses. And, then finally my account started showing a little
bit of revenue being added to it. So, I am sure that over the next few days things
should improve significantly. From what I understand, it takes a few days to really
ramp up. But, I am happy to report success and that the process was solid in terms
of the information passed on to me.

Please let me know how you are coming along. :slight_smile:

Hey Jeff,

Thank you so much for your last reply. I got back online for a while after replacing the card but since then the same kinda thing has happened all over again. Iā€™m at 8 days now with a flatlined Rak v2 miner. Iā€™ve made contact with support and incrementally suggested all their approaches of power cycling, then re flashing the card (side note I noticed when I did that there was an updated version of the card software) and plugging in an ethernet cable.

Iā€™m all out of ideas again but am waiting patiently for Helium support to send thoughts. We had a storm here but it was offline periodically prior to that.

Hope yours is still bringing in the dollar :slight_smile:

Speak soon

Ali

Hi are you back online? How did you solve your problem as I too am facing similar issues. Grateful for any help you can provide please. Thank you. Aminur

1 Like

Hi there, I got up and running and hopefully you did too. Sorry just seen your message. I am now experiencing another issue at the momentent with the miner not working and what seems to be not pairing at all via Bluetooth. Hope youbare up and running.

Ali

@AliSteward

Head to our Discord and open a ticked and we will troubleshoot it for you:

Regards
Vladislav

This thread is from a year ago, but I understand the frustration when your Rak Miner stops connecting to the Blockchain and reports offline. Letā€™s try to find a solution! First, have you considered checking if your minerā€™s firmware is up to date? Keeping it updated is crucial to ensure compatibility and resolve any potential issues. If youā€™ve already tried a standard reset and let it sit for a while, hereā€™s another suggestion: try power cycling your miner. Disconnect all cables, including the power and antenna, and leave them unplugged for about 15 minutes. Then, reconnect everything and power it back on. This can sometimes help resolve connection issues.