Modular certification clarification

Hi,
I am interested in using the RAK3172 in a device that would eventually require FCC/CE/etc. certification. My interpretation is that the RAK3172 has attained these certifications and can be treated as a pre-certified RF module. I believe that this means the following:

1. The end device that implements the RAK3172 may use an antenna with the following specs:
  • dipole antenna connected via IPEX connector
  • 2.3 dBi max gain
  1. The end device will be in compliance with the modular certification if the RUI3 API is used.

2. The end device must undergo non-intentional radiator certification but will not need to repeat intentional radiator certification provided points 1 and 2 above are met.

Any insights into this topic would be very helpful, especially in the context of RAK devices.
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum @icecats

I am not a certification expert, but that’s what our cert team is telling other customers. If you use the same antenna we used in our cert tests you should be good without tests. If you change the antenna, you should have to do minimal retesting (the non-intentional radiation tests)