My PCs will not properly recognize the wisblock RAK4630 as a drive

Frustration level high :slight_smile: New to Meshtastic. I bought the RAK 4630 (bought the sample kit). Two of them. I’ve tried everything to make the PC see it as a drive. Cable is fine, tried two boards on two different machines. There is a solid red light.
One Windows 10 and the other Windows 11. A guy checked it on Linux for me and he could see the drive. It is a Windows issue. I double click it to reset on the board and the computer makes the typical USB device beeping but nothing happens. No drive shows. Perhaps I have the wrong driver. What driver do I need? I would like to go to update drive and pick from a list but I am not sure what I need. Thx.

Welcome to RAK forum @JC100 ,

The RAK4630 (Meshtastic/Arduino BSP) uses USB MSC interface for the UF2 FW files. I believe there is no special driver needed for it. Did you get a Meshtastic kit or a bare RAK4630 module?

I have two of the sample kits. Wisblock sample kits. Both do the same thing.

Hi @JC100 ,

This is strange since the behavior is the same for both Windows 10 and 11. I am thinking you have an RUI3 version. Can you please try to send AT+VER=? command via Serial Terminal? Of course using the port detected when you connect then module.