Need two modules on I/O slot J7

Hello,

First, of all, I am using the RAK5005-O base module with RAK4631 MCU.

Here is what I want to do:

I want to access the RAK4631 ADC input pin and use the RAK15002 Micro SD card module at the same time, on the same RAK5005-O base board.

Here is the problem:

If I want to access the ADC input pin, I need to plug the RAK5804 module on I/O port (slot J7) to access the pin. However, if the slot is taken, I cannot plug in the RAK15002…

Here is the solution that I am considering:

Looking at the datasheets, it looks like the ADC input pin and all the pins used for the SD card module are independent, so I had an idea: build a PCB with a custom connector to access both the ADC pins and the required pins for the SD card module.

Is it possible? Is there a better way?

Thank you

Yes, it is possible. You can make a custom PCB to access the ADC pins.

We will be having a Spring Launch this coming April 7, we will be releasing our new products which includes a WisBlock Base Board with 2 IO Slots that will solve your problem. :slight_smile:

You may sign up here to be the first to know about the new products:

2 Likes

Hello @Itschristianjay and thank you for your quick answer!

I am very happy to know about the launch of your new WisBlock Base Board; having 2 I/O slots will be really convenient.

Will your product already be ready for sale and shipment worldwide starting April 7?

Best regards,
R

And if you want to create your own WisBlock module, we have a guide and some templates in our Awesome WisBlock repo

Hi @randall . Yes you can order it on Spring Launch, but Hongkong and Shenzen are currently in lockdown so shipments might be delay.

Hello everyone,

@beegee Thank you for the link, I was not aware of this repository!
@Itschristianjay Thank you for your answer, I will try ordering on launch and hope for no delay…

Best regards

1 Like