| /| _ || \ | |/| | | '
/ _ \ |/ _ / __/ __|
| |\ | | | || |\ \ \ /\ / | | | __/ | /_ _
_| __| |
/_| _/ / /||| _|_|_||//

RAK811 Version:3.0.0.4.H

========================================================

Selected LoRaWAN 1.0.2 Region: IN865
Initialization OK,AT Uart work mode:normal mode, Current work_mode:LoRaWAN, join_mode:OTAA, Class: C
OTAA:
DevEui:xxxxxxxxxxxx
AppEui:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AppKey:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OTAA Join Start…
[LoRa]:Joined Successed!
^C

root@raspberrypi3:/usr/lib/node_modules/node-lora# node lora.js
Serial port open
OK
[LoRa]: Unconfirm data send OK
^C
root@raspberrypi3:/usr/lib/node_modules/node-lora# node lora.js
Serial port open
Unknown network error:8
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
This problem occurs when i try to send my data the second time without resetting (Remove and re-connect) RAK811.
For your info, my data is 64 bytes in length and the communication gap between RAK 811 and RAK 7249 is less than 20 meters.

What is the SF for sending the data? You can shorten the data length to less than 51 bytes and try again. It is recommended that you upgrade to the latest firmware.

1 Like

SF? you mean Standard Format??
will the upgrade change the AT commands?? like in the previous version “at+recv” was deprecated and blend with “at+sent” in the newer versions right?
And its almost impossible to reduce the payload length from 64 bytes to a whole 51 bytes as we have a payload format which is later decoded.

No. @Nicholas means SF - spreading factor. For payload length, SF and DR, please see here: https://lora-alliance.org/sites/default/files/2018-04/lorawantm_regional_parameters_v1.1rb_-_final.pdf
You are working in Class C? Can you explain a little bit why?
You should be in Class A to send when you want.

1 Like

There is a limit in the protocol. When your SF rate reaches a certain value, the maximum byte length is 51.You can check the status by command.

at+get_config=lora:status

1 Like

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it! :smile: yes, I tried to upgrade its firmware(RAK811) but i have problems it gets disconnected in windows, should i try using Machintosh or Linux Distro ?

You can refer to this document for firmware updates!
https://doc.rakwireless.com/rak811-wisnode-lora-module/burning-the-bootloader-into-the-device