Only $0.37 after 1 full week

What am I doing wrong? There are no hexagons around me so that is positive, but no activity? I was expecting $3-$6 a day. What am I missing? The antenna and MNTD Gold box are right next to my window in a non-cluttered residential area. My total Witnesses are 0. Is that good or bad?
Thanks,
Paul

Hi @pcapobianco

The closest hotspot is 2.5km away, yours being deployed indoors, probably not too high, it is not surprising there are no witnesses, especially if you are in a residential area I am guessing there are plenty of buildings around to block the signal, right?
Can you show some picture of your setup?
Consider getting an outdoor antenna from our store and mounting it on the roof, something like this:
Antenna:

Cable (RAK9733):

Arrestor:

This includes everything you need, the antenna, the appropriate cable to connect it and a lightning arrestor for protection.
Consider joining our discord, there you will get 24/7 support and the community is pretty active you will find a lot of resource on optimizing your setup.

Regards
Vladislav

Nothing but houses in my area and no buildings.
Here is my address:
79 Audubon Dr, Walpole, MA 02081.
You can look it up on Google Maps
It is deployed against the back window.

Question: Why wouldn’t I just say this is 100 meters high instead of 4?
Would that cause Witnesses to look for it first? Why is the height even important and how is it used?
Thanks
Paul

When ordering the Antenna you recommended, there are 3 Antenna Frequencies. Which one should I choose?
Thanks
Paul

Clicking on the US Map causes even more confusion.
It says US915.

How do you correlate that value with the 3 antenna frequencies?
Thanks
Paul

Here is picture of MNTD Gold.

That hillside is going to sharply limit line-of-sight communication in the direction that doesn’t involve going through your house.

Keep in mind too that beyond what they may invest in building out capacity, the network can only pay people to operate boxes when there are end-devices paying to send their traffic through those boxes. Professionally built networks (mobile phone networks etc) use topo maps and the like to identify ideal sites for the base stations on hilltops or tall buildings or existing towers, and then pays rent for the use of those sites. In contrast having consumers randomly sprinkle them in homes means that up-front “site engineering” is replaced by an economic “market” model which will ultimately only be able to pay much for sites that turn out to be well situated to cover actual end-device demand. To earn money on a more than intro basis, your antenna needs to be able to “see” a substantial area where people want to put end-devices, and then they have to actually put them there and pay for them to be able to send data.

You could try relocating it to a second floor window on the front of your house, but that still depends on there being systems in view that want to use it.

Hei,

You are surrounded by trees, all of them are taller than the location of the hotspot, there is no way any signal passes. Your location is simply the issue it looks like.
Also the antenna I recommended has no options to select, if you follow the link that I provided, I specifically linked this one so you don’t get confused.
As for the height it is required for calculations in PoC to accurately predict what the expected RSSI would be for your location, putting the wrong value there might result in invalid witnesses.

Regards
Vladislav