I setup RAKwireless on raspberry pi 3B

PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)”
NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“10”
VERSION=“10 (buster)”
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian

rak config files were configured with proper application EUIS…

but I am still running the pi on wireless network. Is it a problem ? does it work excusively on Eth copper connection ?

Another question is how to setup any node > I just got those 2 heltech wireless stick lite (Lora WiFi BLE & Li-Po management)…

what code shall I runn to get the first uplink to TTN network ?

Regards,

ps: I would appreciate if I could contact in private a dev. to verify the config…

Hi @dpasquazzo,
Have you registered your gateway in your TTN console? Is the gateway’s status connected?
As for the network connection, it doesn’t matter if you use an Eth connection or wireless network. Your gateway EUI would be created based on the interface that you use to connect the network.

NOT CONNECTED

@dpasquazzo
Do you mean the gateway named “alf”?
Which software for rak2247 do you use? From RAK or from PI Supply?

this is the gateway i just have inserted istead of all 0 in the file below: eui-b827eb8db1f6fffe

pi@rak-gateway:/opt/ttn-gateway/packet_forwarder/lora_pkt_fwd $ pi@rak-gateway:/opt/ttn-gateway/packet_forwarder/lora_pkt_fwd $ sudo vi global_conf.json

I use raspian with the git-hub of rak.
files edidted in opt/ttn-gateway folder as above…

maybe it will connect now ?

@dpasquazzo
As you use Pi Supply hardware the pin mapping is not the same as RAK’s hardware.
For more information, you can refer to this guide https://learn.pi-supply.com/make/iot-lora-gateway-sd-card-image-setup/

Appreciated @Nikola
So I am stuck with balena.io that I don’t like much and couldn’t get it works neither .-)

You only need to use balena etcher to flash the Pi Supply to your SD card. Here is the Pi Supply image: https://github.com/PiSupply/iot-lora-image/releases/download/2019-07-31-1/2019-07-31-iot-lora-gateway-lite.zip

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.