Problem RAK 7249. I cannot to connect gateway with controller light

Hello everybody

I have problem by connect a light controller node what use Microchip RN2903A (AU915).
The test was made at office. The setting is only a Gateway and a light controller node. The node works ok. I don’t have a network server yet. In the file attachment you can find the configuration plan frequency.

How do I know if the node is connected to gateway? Is necessary to do any more?

best regards,
Hernan.

Hi @HCL,

How do you know the node works ok if you have neither a server nor a way to see the packets?
Can we have more information about the node.
What is the configuration of the node?
You can see all LoRa messages in the LoRa Packet Logger tab in the gateway, however if you have 0 information about your node I have no idea how you are going to distinguish which one is which.

Regards
Vladislav

First, If you send data through a gateway via a node connection,you want to see if the node communicates with the gateway, you need to see it in the figure.

Second, if you don’t have a server to run, our gateway comes with a server. Next, you need to create the application in the server, as shown in the figure below. Finally, you can configure and connect the nodes using the parameters previously set, and look at the log in the first picture.

When you have configured network server in gateway, how can you read data received by remote? Possible to publish data on MQTT? Or to install nodered in the gateway?
Thanks for support

Hi @lmiot,

As I have said before, could you please provide more information about the particular node you are using.
Are you using OTAA, did it manage to get activated, etc.
The more information we have the better we can assist.

Regards
Vladislav

Sorry for my late answer
We have installed NODE RED in RAK7243. NODE RED takes payolad by LORA Server embedded in the RAK7243 via MQTT and it makes operations on data. It works perfectly.

We would like to make the same on RAK7249. But RAK7249 is not based on RASPBERRY.
Have sameone compiled NODE.JS and NODE RED to run on RAK7249?
Thanks for feedback

Hi @lmiot,

I thinks this is a question for @yutao. I am not competent to answer this.
I mean being OpenWRT based I know I can’t, but perhaps the person that wrote the firmware can help :slight_smile:

Regards
Vladislav

We only be able to provide openWRT based SDK but we not provide support if you make Node.JS or Node Red, this have to handled by yourself. We may not able to provide support at this moment due to limited resource. If you still need the SDK, pls contact with [email protected]

Thank you Nicholas.

My gateway don’t have the option build a LoraServer. In the File attachment can you see the firmware version. Can you explain how i upgrade the firmware, please?
best regard,
Hernan

Hi @HCL.
You can download the latest firmware from here RAK7249 FW . Unzip it.
To flash go to “Backup /Flash Firmware” under “System” menu of your gateway web interface.
From “Browse” choose the new firmware bin file and choose “Flash Image” .

Regards
Todor

I could upgrage the firmware.
Now, I can’t connect the gateway with wifi AP fortinet. I configurated wifi on gateway with client.
I don’t had problem for connect with AP on movil phone and AP dlink. Did someone have a similar problem?

thank you

Hi @HCL,

Can you explain, a bit more clearly.
What exactly is the issue.
Can you connect in AP mode via Wi-Fi?
Is Wi-Fi in Client mode working ?

Regards
Vladislav

How do you know your connection is not working? Can you elaborate on the situation.

Hello everybody

After upgrade the problem was resolved. :slight_smile: thank you