Programming RAK4631 Failing Via MacOS and Arduino

Hi, I have a RAK4631 that I am attempting to program from my Mac. I have followed the Quick Start Guide and added the WisBlock Core to my Arduino Boards list, installed RAK nRF Boards in the Boards Manager. I also have Rak4631 and and the correct port selected. When I try to program the LoRaP2P_TX example code to my Rak kit, I get the following:

FQBN: rakwireless:nrf52:WisCoreRAK4631Board
Using board 'WisCoreRAK4631Board' from platform in folder: /Users/dhruv/Library/Arduino15/packages/rakwireless/hardware/nrf52/1.3.3
Using core 'nRF5' from platform in folder: /Users/dhruv/Library/Arduino15/packages/rakwireless/hardware/nrf52/1.3.3

Detecting libraries used...

/Users/dhruv/Library/Arduino15/packages/rakwireless/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -c -g -w -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -u _printf_float -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -w -x c++ -E -CC -DF_CPU=64000000 -DARDUINO=10607 -....(LOTS OF MORE STUFF WRITTEN IN THIS LINE)
fork/exec /Users/dhruv/Library/Arduino15/packages/rakwireless/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: no such file or directory

Compilation error: fork/exec /Users/dhruv/Library/Arduino15/packages/rakwireless/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: no such file or directory

I also noticed that even when I have the RAK4631 Board selected under the tools section, under File->Examples-> there is no ‘RAK WisBlock Examples’ folder. When I follow the same setup and programming steps on ym Windows laptop, it works fine, but I can’t get this to work on my 2021 Macbook pro with an M1 chip and Sonoma14.0.

This looks very much like an incomplete installation of the BSP.
Try to re-install the BSP.

Yup that was the solution. Here’s a step by step:

1. Select Tools > Board > Boards Manager from the Arduino IDE menus to open the “Boards Manager” view in the left side panel.
  2. Scroll down through the list of boards platforms until you see the “RAKwireless nRF Boards” entry.
  3. Hover the mouse pointer over the “RAKwireless nRF Boards” entry.
    You will see a ••• icon appear at the top right corner of the entry.
  4. Click the ●●● icon.
    A menu will open.
  5. Select “Remove” from the menu.
    An “Uninstall” dialog will open.
  6. Click the “YES” button in the “Uninstall” dialog.
  7. Wait for the uninstallation to finish.
    8.* The progress will be shown by a notification at the bottom right corner of the Arduino IDE window.
  8. Click the “INSTALL” button at the bottom of the “RAKwireless nRF Boards” entry.
  9. Wait for the installation to finish.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.