Qingping devices: really not finished product !

Hi,

For some other users planning to use Qingping devices and also for Rak staffs for improvement of the device:
→ why Device EUI, Application Key and Application EUI are not printed on packaging or on a sticker inside ?
→ mobile app that is only in chinese in Play Store !
→ why the hell do I need to register to use a configuration app ??? it’s insane such intrusive app !
→ LoRa infos (Dev EUI, App Key and App EUI can’t be copy/pasted from app, so poor design :frowning:
→ Impossible to change the configuration of date and time on display (sorry but US format doesn’t interest me !).
→ Impossible to read the battery level through LoRa (it’s either 100% or 0) and same on display

My first points after few minutes playing with the device…

Vincèn

Hi @vincen ,

Thank you for the feedback. This is important for product improvement. I will raise the concern to our hardware partner Qingping.

→ why Device EUI, Application Key and Application EUI are not printed on packaging or on a sticker inside ? The parameters are configurable so even there is a sticker, customer might still change it to their own. But I understand user convenience if the default OTAA parameters are in a card/sticker
→ mobile app that is only in chinese in Play Store ! I cannot recall if use the APK or App store but my Qingping IoT app is in English
→ why the hell do I need to register to use a configuration app ??? it’s insane such intrusive app ! Maybe you can just select login via SMS. If you do this, you won’t need to put any password or extra details in login, you just need to send the verification code via SMS. They have your mobile number but no other details.
→ LoRa infos (Dev EUI, App Key and App EUI can’t be copy/pasted from app, so poor design :frowning: DEVEUI cannot be copy/paste but APPEUI and APPKEY should be. You have to click these parameters on the app so you can copy or modify it.
→ Impossible to change the configuration of date and time on display (sorry but US format doesn’t interest me !). I am not sure what is the US format time.
→ Impossible to read the battery level through LoRa (it’s either 100% or 0) and same on display I have to check this one.

Sorry I mean description of app in Play store, it should be at least in english :wink:

Sorry again but no, I shouldn’t have to share an email or a phone number to configure a device through bluetooth, it’s not acceptable in term of confidentiality and personal data intrusion ! There is absolutely no reason for that out of company collecting datas for whatever use :frowning:

Oki, got it for copy/paste :wink: Although if you can change LoRa identifiers why only AppEUI can be edited ? the other ones are not editable :confused:

what is named also military format in US but it’s not important as for an unknown reason device displays time and date only when it’s connected in Bluetooth with the app, when it’s not these fields disappear !

I confirm that it’s not reporting battery status properly :wink:
Also it would be nice to be able to connect at device through the USB port to change settings ike it’s the case for example with the WisNode 4K Button :wink: