RAK 4630 radio problem

Please include the following information, in order for us to help you as effectively as possible.

• What product do you wish to discuss? RAK4631, RAK3372, RAK11200, RAK11310, RAK11722?

• What firmware are you using? (RUI3 or Arduino BSP or other IDE (e.g. STM32CubeIDE)?

• What firmware version? Can it be obtained with AT+VER=?

• Computer OS? (MacOS, Linux, Windows)

• What Computer OS version?

• How often does the problem happen?

• How can we replicate the problem?

• Provide source code if custom firmware is used or link to example if RAKwireless example code is used.

Hi,
I am using a 4630 for LORA (not LORAWAN) communication.
I very occasionally get the radio hang in transmit mode. It doesn’t call the TxDone or TxTimeout hooks.
I added my own timeout. This calls Radio,Standby then Radio.Rx. That returns but does not change the state of the radio.
I notice that the LORA task is set up with a stack size of 4096.
If I monitor the various tasks using vTaskList I see that the LORA task is typically running at 3900 stack size. This seems very close to the limit.
Any reason why I should not increase it?

Thanks
Alan

You did not mention, but I am guessing you are using the Arduino BSP and not RUI3.

I never had any stack problems with the LoRa task. You can try to increase the size, it should have no side effects.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am not using RUI.
I’ll try increasing the stack size and see if that solves the problem.
Looking at the ‘driver’ code it seems pretty clear that the hardware interrupts are not occurring as they should.

Thanks
Alan

Which version of the SX126x-Arduino library are you using? There was a problem with P2P RX and TX timeouts not working. But that was fixed with V2.0.24

oops.
I’m on 2.0.6.
Do I update it by updating the entire wiscore_rak4631 library?

Thanks
Alan

Yes, click the Update button in the ArduinoIDE library manager.

I’m using PIO .
So I updated it through the libraries/update option

Thanks
Alan

Even better, you can change the library inside the project structure.