RAK 811 Multicast

Good Day,

I have RAK811 nodes and RAK7249 outdoor gateway, connected with local Chirpstack LoRaWAN server.
I would like to use Multicast group option in the server to send a down-link message from the server to all the nodes in the group.
I have set up every thing in the server and added the nodes. The nodes joining using OTAA and it’s class C.
I configured the nodes with dev_eui, app_eui, app_key for OTAA join method, and dev_addr, apps_key, nwks_key to use multicast group.
I can send downlink one by one to each node, but I’m still not able to use the multicast.
Is there a special configuration in the nodes?! does RAK811 support multicast?

Any help will be appreciated !

I am very sorry that the current node does not have the broadcast mode on, so it cannot receive the downlink data at the same time.

Hello everybody! Is there any plan in the short term to support multicast in RAK811 nodes?

Thanks in advance

Hi @kennetgo,

Yes, we have a plan to do multicast feature in RAK811 node, and i think we can complete it in 2 weeks.

1 Like

Hello @Fomi

Is there any progress regarding this topic?

Hi @kennetgo,
Yes, we’ve done this feature in the new firmware, and we’re testing this new firmware.
I think we can make a BETA version firmware this weekend.
If you are interested on it, i can send to you this BETA version firmware for testing firstly.

Hello @Fomi

I can wait for you to test the firmware, but I would love to have the beta version if can you send it to me, and the documentation of it.

Thanks!

OK, please contact with me in email. [email protected]

Hello.
Is there any results of beta testing?
And can I join it?

Hi @Energo1012,

Sure. :slight_smile:
Please feel free to contact with me in email. [email protected]

Hello friend, do you think you could help me? I just bought a rak7249, and I don’t know how to send data from a node, I want to send data from a dht 11 sensor and the coordinates of the node using LoRa, but I don’t know if the nodes I have are not They work or what happens because if I can make them connect to thingspeak for example with lora with a dragino OLG01-N gateway, I have an arduino with dragino shield 1.4 and heltec lora v2 modules, but I can’t make my solution work with the RAK7249 which I asked for with the us915 ​​frequency plan, but I arrived with the us902-932 plan (I don’t know if it’s the same), please help :frowning:

This group is about RAK811 problems.

Please go to the correct group to get help for the RAK7249 ==> RAK7249 - RAKwireless Forum