RAK Eagle Files

(Cyrille Colin) #1

Hi all,
is there eagle file for RAK chip and devices ? I’m interesting with the RAK811 breakout board especially.
Thanks in advance for sharing,
Cyrille.

0 Likes

(Vladislav Yordanov) #2

Or at least fritzing. I am interested as well.
Might couple nice with a nano :grin:

0 Likes

(Fomi Tong) #3

https://www.rakwireless.com/en/download/LoRa/RAK811-BreakoutBoard

0 Likes

(Cyrille Colin) #4

Thanks @Fomi but why i asked for is about eagle file to design a PCB board to plug the breakout board in.

0 Likes

(Vladislav Yordanov) #5

Hmmm, perhaps if you use the reference design for the RAK811 WisNode, and remove all the programing circuitry the uart, the step up, etc???
Will this work?

0 Likes

(Cyrille Colin) #6

here : https://www.rakwireless.com/en/download/LoRa/RAK811#Hardware_Specification
there some PCBLib files. I’ll gonna take a look to it.
But what should be awesome is to have an RakWireless Eagle library to get at least pluggable components like the RAK811 and the breakout board.

0 Likes

(Vladislav Yordanov) #7

That is the one I mean, I have seen those already a long time ago, but I agree an eagle lib would be nice, perhaps even for the 5205. What about fritzing, if you want to make a carrier board to plug the breakout into and add some sensors?

0 Likes

(Cyrille Colin) #8

i’m not a good hacker so i used Frtizing before but it’s too buggy … so i do an effort, watch an Eagle Tutorial and it’s a lot more efficient. Also autorouting works like a charm, it exports all files needs to order a PCB. And its a reference.

0 Likes

(Vladislav Yordanov) #9

Yeah, in my experience auto routing lever quite works the way I want, perhaps the eagle people have finally figured it out :). You are right however generating all the layers is a plus. However for the purpose of making a carrier board I think fritzing would be faster, if you are designing for production, I am not competent to advice there :slight_smile:
But those altium libraries, can’t they be imported in eagle?

0 Likes

(Cyrille Colin) #10

it seems Altium library should be export in an “ACCEL ASCII” format to get imported in Eagle (i’m really not an expert)

0 Likes

(Vladislav Yordanov) #11

Sorry no expert either, I will look into it if I find out how I will let you know.

1 Like

(Vladislav Yordanov) #12

My more competent half, @velev will provide you with a link to the eagle files for the RAK811 WisNode. I hope this is of use to you.

1 Like