RAK Hotspot Miner 2.0: Register Issue: "hotspot miner is waiting to start. please try again in a few minutes"

Hey guys,

can anyone help me out with this issue: I am having the constant issue that I cannot register my RAK Hotspot Miner 2.0. I am getting the message “hotspot miner is waiting to start. please try again in a few minutes”. I reflashed the SD card to the original settings already but it did not solve the problem.

RAK Hotspot Miner 2.0
Model: RAK7248

I am thankful for all kind of hints and recommendations.

All the best from Germany, CK

Hi,

Same issue here. Although the on-boarding issue was solved in the beginning of this week, the final step in adding the hotspot fails (tried both wifi, ethernet). After confirming location the following message appears within 3-5 seconds:

“Hotspot miner is waiting to start. Please try again in a few minutes.”

Obviously, trying again in a few minutes does not help. Also unplugging does not work.

Please advise.
MM

Exact same issue with my miner. I opened a support ticket at discord already. They told me to to reflash the SD card with the original settings:

“Hello, can you try to reflash the SD card to the original settings please? Just write the firmware linked there to the card included in the miner: https://support.getmntd.com/hc/en-us/articles/4418137820951-I-need-to-replace-the-microSD-card-on-my-hotspot

… but it did not solve the problem. Having the same issue over and over.

I am thankful for all kind of hints!

Cheers, CK

UPDATE: I just solved the problem. I flashed the newest firmware released for download (2022.01.04) to the miner and everything is working now. The newest version will self update to the latest firmware automatically.

Download and introduction how to flash the firmware you can find here: https://support.getmntd.com/hc/en-us/articles/4418137820951-I-need-to-replace-the-microSD-card-on-my-hotspot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.