Rak v2 helium hotspot

Issue: power light is on can’t connect WiFi or Bluetooth

Setup: rakv2 hotspot

Server:

Details:

Hello I setup my helium rak v2 hotspot a week
Ago and was running fine. Overnight I get a message it’s offline. The red light is on but I can’t connect to it by Bluetooth. Power cycling was no help but red ligh still comes on. Any options here?

Hei @Keys120 ,

So pressing the button does not help in connecting, you still can not see it in the app?
Is the green light on too?

Regards
Vladislav

I’m having the same issue both lights on for 72hrs reset not working, no Bluetooth , unplugged sd card & power still nothing :unamused::face_with_raised_eyebrow::man_shrugging:t6:

1 Like

Hei,

You need to re-flash the firmware, head over to our discord for instructions:

Regards
Vladislav

I’m interesting also by RAKStars community on Discord I have a problem with RAK7248 Développeur WisGate D4H.
Regards

My Rak is having issues too. It is listed as offline but I can ping it locally without any issue. When I reboot it starts syncing but it seems as soon as it is done it goes to ‘offline’ again.
When I go to the miner address (locally) I do get a popup for the login (what are the login details btw?)

What do I need to do to get the miner back online?

ps the link to the discord server has (i think) expired (at least it is not working anymore)

I haven’t seen a wifi broadcast from my rak v2. This is my first night having it powered up to sync. I do have a question about logging in to the unit via IP address. I hope to setup several remote systems and am curious how I will be able to do this if my only access to the system is via bt.

Hei @ThingMiner ,

The hotspot does not broadcast via Wi-Fi. One night is generally not enough time to sync give it more time. There is currently no way to remotely log in and do diagnostics, only possible via Bluetooth.
You can still use online tools like Helium Hiker, Hotspotty, Helium Explorer to monitor it.

Regards
Vladislav

I have a similar problem with my Rak MNTD Limited Series. I wound up rebooting, etc (it was on a UPS, so totally safe from surges), and both it and the antenna were INSIDE. I took apart the unit, and found the bottom board (the Rasberry Pi) had what looks like a melted chip and burn marks. I have the Serial number, original box, etc. I need to get this replaced if possible. Any advice? Thank you. [email protected]

Hei @tomjerzey ,

Open up a ticket in our discord and we can get the replacement on the way:

Regards
Vladislav

I opened a ticket (I THINK) ticket-0023. Can you please verify for me that its created?

Thank you so much for your help, I truly appreciate it.

Have a wonderful day.

Thomas

OOps, I made a mistajke, I opened a seperate ticket (0023). I will repeat here, I’m sorry for my confision. My MNTD Goldspot Miner was plugged into an APC UPS (with a TV and clock that have no damage), inside, with an indoor antenna. Saturday am I woke to find it saying there was an alert. When I got over, I found it dead, and after troubleshooting found the reason. Burn out on board. I am hoping to get a replacement ASAP, I don’t want to lose this name/spot, I am early on this lake, and want to maintain my spot. Thank you SO much. SN 918100GW2010900705

I already replied to your ticket in Discord.

Thank you very muchj Hobo, I see it in Discord. Great system. Have a great day.
Best,
Thomas
Ticket-0023 in Discord

1 Like

Having same issue and discord invite is expired

Hello I setup my helium rak v2 hotspot a week
Ago and was running fine. Overnight I get a message it’s offline. The red light is on but I can’t connect to it by Bluetooth. Flashing red led.

Hello, is there a possibility to repost the discord invite? All of the links that i have tried from the forum or from the rakwireless webiste is expired. Could you please advise how we could get a support? I have opened ticket, emailing and still i have not got any support. 2 devices out of 3 which are dead right after arrival. It is really bad and it is worst when i have not heard anything back from support!