RAK10700 - It does not work

Hi BeeGee,

Does the RAK10700 come with firmware loaded or should it be loaded with RUI2?

I am trying to use it and I cannot get my gateway to connect.

Can you give me some advice on using this equipment or if the best thing to do is to upgrade to RUI3.

Best Regards

The RAK10700 is coming with a pre-flashed firmware.
It is not based on RUI3.

What do you get when you send AT+VER=? over USB to the device?

The device is not connecting to a “Gateway” it is connecting to a “LoRaWAN server”. A gateway is just receiving LoRa packets and forwarding it to a LoRaWAN server.

What LoRaWAN server are you using? We have quickstart guides for TTN, Chirpstack and Helium in our documentation center ==> RAK10700 WisBlock GNSS Tracker for LoRaWAN Quick Start Guide | RAKwireless Documentation Center

Many thnaks for help

I didn’t explain myself correctly, I always use chirpstack V4

In your experience, it would be better to continue with RUI2 on this device or update and load new firmware, checking the components are the same as those I use for RUI3

I was thinking of using rui3, is it possible to update RAK4630, since I can do other functions and the example firmware that you keep GPS is very similar to the one that comes with RAK10700

Always grateful for your help

I am not sure what you mean with RUI2. There is no RUI2, there is an old discontinued RUI V2, which is for our old WisDuo modules RAK811, RAK4200, RAK4270. RUI V2 does not work with the RAK4630/RAK4631

For the RAK4630 there are only two options

Arduino BSP based on the nRF52 BSP from Adafruit
RUI3 BSP which is developed inhouse.

You can switch to RUI3 following this guide Updating RAK4631 to RUI3

I have an example code for tracking with RUI3 that you can try RUI3-RAK12500-RAK1904-GNSS