RAK14000 ePaper with RAK12500 GPS

Please include the following information, in order for us to help you as effectively as possible.

• What product do you wish to discuss? RAK19007, RAK4631, RAK14000 & RAK12500

• What firmware are you using? Arduino BSP

I got my RAK19007 with RAK4631and RAK14000 ePaper display a few days ago, put everything together, flashed it with the Arduino bootloader, copied the Meshtastic firmware “firmware-rak4631_eink-2.3.13.83f5ba0.uf2” and everything worked like a charme. Then I added the RAK12500 GPS module in Slot A… and I get “ant war” on the display! Removed the GPS, everything works great again… do we have to additionally flash something to meet the requirements for both modules to work together? Over at meshtastic.discourse.com Bernd Giesecke mentioned “can work” in this post: e-Paper display RAK - #12 by claib - Hardware - Meshtastic

Welcome to the forum @Lohde

Our WisBlock Pin Mapper shows that RAK14000 and RAK12500 in Slot A have a pin conflict (WB_IO1).

You need to place the RAK12500 into Slot D of the Base Board, but then the 3-button interface of the RAK14000 will not work anymore, because of another conflict. But at least the display will work.

Thanks a lot, especially for introducing me to the Pin Mapper! Since the button bar won’t be needed for that project, it’s no problem…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.