RAK19007 + RAK4631. Available IO for digital?

Hi! I need to build a device that reads 3 digital counters, and I need to know the available digital pins I can use.
I see the board exposes IO1 and IO2 in the back, are they usable?
Is there a 3rd pin I can use for digital input?

Thanks

Hi @edugimeno ,

You can use AN1 as your digital input. Even the SDA and SCL lines are also possible if pull-up resistor is allowed in your application.

Hi @edugimeno,
If you are not using the IO slot for something else, you could maybe use the RAK13002 or 13003 IO modules?
The advantage is that your IO won’t be colliding with some other standard use case of the baseboard, like IO1 controlling the switchable 3V3. The disadvantage is that you’ll have to use I2C (which is a little bit fiddly, but not so bad) and the bit banging code will be somewhat slower. And that you’ll have to spend a little more money.

Thanks, I tried AN1 and it works perfect
My issue will be that I have an 4-20mA board (RAK5801) coming to my mail today and it does use the IO slot, and it uses the analog inputs and also needs IO2 to switch 3v3 (I think its IO2 not IO1 like psupine mentioned)
So am I going to be able to use 3 digital inputs + 2 analog inputs for 5801 on this 19007+4631?

I know I have the option to upgrade to 19011 (dual IO slot) + 11300, but I have 2 kits of these at home and I gave up on them, both are bricked after several basic programming-testing cycles, not even having them connected to anything external, I just don’t trust them…The serial port doesn’t connect anymore

Thanks

You should be able to use RAK19011 for your RAK4631. But you need to have a power module on the Power Slot.

Ok, I though the dual IO slot base cards were linked to 11300 processor…
And would this combination leave me enough digital inputs (3 digital) and analog inputs for the 5801 module, with no conflicts?

Thanks

If you are only going to use RAK5801 as added module, you will experience any conflict.

You also have access to all IO of the WisBlock Core in RAK19011. So you’ll have more freedom to select.

Ok just to clarify, you mean I will NOT experience ANY conflict right?
So with the 5801 I can still use IO2, IO3 and IO4 for digital inputs (my 3 counters), IO1 to enable 3V3, and A0 and A1 for the 5801 right?
This would be great!

Thanks

Also, do I need to modify this board to disable battery level monitoring thru A0 or this board doens’t need that modification?

Thanks