RAK19007 with LiFePO4 18650

Hi All,
I’d like to put 1 or more 18650’s of LiFePO4 chemistry with a RAK19007 or any RAK1900x series board. Any directions on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Welcome to the forum @gvence

The charger chip on the base boards support only Li-Ion batteries, Li-Po might work as well

LiFeP04 seem to have a rated voltage of 3.2V and max charging voltage of 3.65V.

Li Ion have a rated voltage of 3.6V and a max charging voltage of 4.2V.

That means the charger chip on the BaseBoards might destroy you LiFePO4 battery or even cause an explosition or fire.

Good morning,

Maybe I can help because I already did, I think that is what you are looking for, 2 or 3 batteries (in in parallel. Take a look in the photo below:

In the RAKBox-B4 Outdoor enclosure, you have space for until 3 batteries, but pay attention that in the battery case, the connection between batteries MUST BE parallel to guarantee voltage between 3.0 and 4.2 for LiPo

For example for batteries that I have: LiitoKala 25R-JT 18650 2500mah INR18650-25R

• Product parameters:

• Model:INR18650-25RM
    Voltage: 3.6V
    Storage temperature: Normaltemperature
    Working temperature: -20 ℃ ~ 80 ℃
    Material: Lithium
    Size: 65*18MM
    RatedVoltage:3.6V
    Charging Voltage: 4.2V
    Continuous Discharge Current:Max 30A
    Continuous Charge Current:Max 4A

I hope that it be helpful

Claudio

14_7SZCV_R1A~DHRB_7

Hello, I recently DIYed a 3p 8s battery pack using EVE LF280K cells. I incorporated a Daly BMS into each pack, and everything went smoothly. Each cell was precisely at 3.25 volts, which made assembling the string straightforward without the need for preliminary cell balancing. All the cells passed load tests and performed exactly as advertised.

I purchased all the necessary accessories from this website, including the connectors, bus bars, and the BMS units. The assembly process was straightforward thanks to the high quality of the components. I also found the customer support to be very helpful when I had a few initial questions about the setup.

This is good power plant!

But in the RAK19007, we are talking about mA in a small box…

Claudio