RAK1906 Environment Sensor data format

Dear Support and users,
I am using RAK1906 Environment Monitoring Sensor, which is connected to RAK4631 and is periodically sending data to RAK7246G gateway. The firmware flashed on the RAK4631 is coming from the example:

However, I do not know how to transform the measurement result into decimal parameters. The format of the measurement data is:

But on the gateway in the frames I receive:
frm_payload:“010829155000018f40000265c6”

How is the frm_payload structured? Could you please advise how to get the decimal data? Thank you!

You have to decode the payload in your end-point, which can be the LoRaWAN server, or an extension like Datacake, NodeRED, …

Chirpstack LNS ==> https://docs.rakwireless.com/Product-Categories/WisNode/RAK7204/Quickstart/#input-decoding-function-in-chirpstack

For other LSN or extensions it is similar, but everyone has a different syntax for the decoders.

This decoder might work as well ==> GitHub - RAKWireless/RUI_LoRa_node_payload_decoder: This decoder can be used for all LoRa nodes which are built based on RUI.

Thank you Bernd! I am working on the decoder code using your example for Chirpstack. Have a good day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.