RAK2171 not charging

Hi we recently purchased for wisnode track it rak 2171 modules, only one is charging the others show a solid red light on the SOS button when connected to the charger and the other on keeps on blinking red when connected to the charger but after a while it still does not turn on.

What maybe be the issue here?

1 Like

Hi @raymond.mango Solid red means the TrackIt is with a full drain battery, after some time at the charger it should turn on. What you are using for charging them?

Hi

We have the magnetic chargers, that’s what we are using…

By full drain batteyr do you mean the battery is not charging or what?

@raymond.mango I mean fully drained(typo). It means it will take some time to charge to 2-3% to be able to start. But maybe not the case here.
To what do you connect the magnetic chargers - PC USB port, charger brick? Can you try to connect to your smartphone charger brick?
In this state, what happens when you press and hold the power button?

I am using my pc, i will try with my charger brck and revert back to you.

have used the phone charger and it is still doing the same thing. What is the cause for this?

I’m having similar issues. I’ve had them in the box for couple of months. Put them to charge and red (SOS) light is flashing. They’ve been charging for 24hrs. Using magnet charge cable with phone brick charger.

Same problem here.
Had them in a box for a while and now will not charge even when leaving them on charge for days.

Hi everyone, is the first time that I use my devices, I have same problem here, I tried to power on, but not work, then I have connected my trackit RAK but only blinking slowly RED …
I have used:
My smartphone charger brick.
5VDC.
2A.
when I press and hold the power button does not happen nothing
@velev what maybe be the issue here?

Hi @raymond.mango, I think this Topic could help you! I could found the problem…

1 Like

Hi all

did anyone manage to fix the RAK2171 with a dead battery?
I have 2 pcs, one I am using always and still working.
The other I did not know that the battery will be dead if I did not use it.

Please help.

BR,

I’ve same / similar issue.

Solid RED just after 2 weeks and a couple of test in the field.

I’ve got TWO of them, one is working, the other is dead in that way. And I’ve updated both of them to the latest firmware 1.1.6

I’ve written to the “sales” mail, let’s see if they diver to the support… let’s see…

Hello, Is there any update with this issue till now? I have similar problem with my RAK2171.