RAK2245 - Change from 915Mhz to 868Mhz

Hello,

I like some others was supposed to order a 868Mhz version of the RAK2245 however what I have actually got is the 915Mhz version.

Can this board be changed to 868Mhz from 915Mhz via a firmware change or are there differences hardware wise?

If it can be done by a firmware change can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi @JackBauer No, the hardware is different. Please contact the sales department at inquiry@rakwireless.com to resolve this issue.

Thanks @velev I have one coming from you guys. It was shipped out this morning, I was just thinking if they were the same but different software I can just change that and keep the new one as a spare. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and I am sure it will help future queries.

Took me a while to figure out why my 868Mhz devices would not talk to it until I saw a picture in a similar question and when I looked at mine the marker said 915. I could sworn I ordered the 868 last year LOL.

The radio part is different for the middle and the high band. You can change between EU868, IN865 and RU864 for the EU868 module, and between US915, KR920, AU915, AS923 for US915 module by the firmware.

Like I said, better send an e-mail to the sales, maybe the fault is ours :wink:

Hello. The fault is no ones… I bought from a third party vendor in Oct last year. (could even be me ordering the wrong one) I will need to search back in my emails LOL. I am still learning about this as part of my Hobby. I have bought another card from you this time which is a 868 version. It is expected to arrive on Tuesday so I can wait.

1 Like

Great! If you stuck somewhere, you can always reach us. The community will be glad to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.